Clostar Gm Cream
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
16g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clostar-GM cream is a combination medicine used for certain types of skin infection such as bacterial infection, fungal infection, etc. This cream contains a combination of three active ingredients na
mely, clobetasol, clotrimazole and neomycin. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. Neomycin and miconazole have antibacterial and antifungal action respectively. These components have a combined effect and promote the healing of the infection by preventing the growth of microorganisms responsible for its occurrence. You should use this cream as prescribed by the doctor and for the prescribed duration. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better....
Uses of Clostar Gm Cream
- Clostar-GM cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation caused by suspected bacteria or fungi such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.
- It also helps in managing the associated symptoms like swelling, scratching, red sores, itching, rashes, etc.
Contraindications of Clostar Gm Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin, clotrimazole or any of the ingredients in this cream.
- If you have any other skin conditions other than for what it is prescribed, as it could make them worse.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- It should not be used in children below 2 years of age and for nappy rash.
- As this cream is a combination of different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Clostar Gm Cream
Burning sensation, itching, irritation, redness and rashes at the application site.
Precautions and Warnings of Clostar Gm Cream
Can I use the Clostar-GM cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of the Clostar-GM cream in human pregnancy. In case you are prescribed this cream, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use the Clostar-GM cream while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of this cream in lactating mothers. However, if the doctor prescribes you this cream then be careful and avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of the breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have applied the Clostar-GM cream?
Clostar-GM cream is to be applied externally and is less likely to influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with the Clostar-GM cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and the Clostar-GM cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing an allergic reaction to the skin after applying this cream.
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream.
- You should not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- You are using it on the face, it should not be used for more than 5 days, as the face skin is thin and more sensitive.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- You do not feel any improvement in your condition even after a week.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Clostar Gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infections of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- The combined effect of these medicines effectively reduces the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Clostar Gm Cream
- Use the Clostar-GM cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for the duration advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Clostar Gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Clostar-GM cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....Read more
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like itraconazole and ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as erythromycin, sofradex ear drops, etc.
Storage and disposal of Clostar Gm Cream
Store the Clostar-GM cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat. Keep this medicine away from children and pets. Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Clostar Gm Cream
As the Clostar-GM cream is for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have ap
plied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess of the cream with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
A missed application of this cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed an application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Clostar-GM cream be used in children?
A: Clostar-GM cream should not be used in children. The skin of children is very delicate and thin compared to adults and can absorb larger amounts of this cream which can lead to side effects. Also, this medicine contains steroids which can interfere with the growth of children.
Q: Can I use the Clostar-GM cream for pimples?
A: No, the Clostar-GM cream should not be used for any conditions other than prescribed. You should refrain from using it on the face as the skin of your face is very delicate and sensitive.
Q: Can the Clostar-GM cream be used for burns?
A: No, it should not be used on burns and damaged skin.
Q: What precautions should be taken while using the Clostar-GM cream?
A: Clostar-GM cream is a cream that should not be used on the face. It should not be used for more than recommended duration and dose. Do not apply a dressing to the area being treated, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
Q: How many times a day do I need to use the Clostar-GM cream?
A: It is advised to consult your doctor for the dosage, as the frequency also depends on the patient's condition. Using it more than recommended dose and duration can also cause inadequate effects.
- SONADERM-NM Cream [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- Clotebate Gm Cream | Lyflink [Internet]. Lyflink. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- Clotrimazole: a medicine used to treat fungal skin infections [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
- Neomycin (Topical Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 6 July 2021]
|You Save||₹7.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clotrimazole(1.0 %),Neomycin(0.5 %),Clobetasol(0.05 %)|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, skin itching, redness, rashes at application site|
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2021 | 04:58 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved