Cilotab 100mg Tablets
Cilotab 100 MG Description
Cilotab Tablet is used for the treatment of cramp-like pain in the legs due to decreased blood supply (intermittent claudication). It contains cilostazol as its active medicine. Do not take this medi
cine if you are having a history of allergy, any heart problems like chest pain or abnormal heart rhythm, bleeding problems, kidney or liver problems and in pregnancy or breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine with any other medicines which increases the chances of bleeding. Take immediate medical attention if you feel chest pain that radiates to the shoulder or back. It should not be used in children.
Uses of Cilotab 100 MG
Contraindications of Cilotab 100 MG
- If you are allergic to cilostazol or any other ingredients of Cilotab Tablet.
- If you have any kidney or liver problems.
- If you have any heart-related disorders such as heart attack or abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have any condition which may increase the chances of bleeding or bruising like, stomach ulcers, history of stroke in the last six months, eye problems associated with diabetes, uncontrolled blood pressure....
- If you are taking medicines like Aspirin and Clopidogrel or any other medicines which may increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you are suffering from chest pain, heart attack currently or in the last 6 months.
- Pregnant women should not take Cilotab Tablet.
Side effects of Cilotab 100 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cilotab 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart problems or heart rhythm abnormalities.
- You have any problems related to blood pressure.
- You need any surgery like teeth removal during the Cilotab Tablet treatment, inform your dentist.
- You show symptoms like easy bruising, bleeding, fever or sore throat.
- Cilotab Tablet is not suitable for children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Cilotab 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cilotab 100 MG
- Cilotab Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cilotab 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cilotab Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with blood thinners with this medicine may increase the risk of side effects.
- This medicine should not be used with any other blood pressure lowering medications as it can lower the blood pressure and result in undesirable effects.
- The effect of this medicine increases when used together with medicines to lower acidity such as Omeprazole. This may increase the risk of side effects associated with Cilotab Tablet.
- It is important to inform the doctor about all the medication and herbal supplements consumed before using this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cilotab 100 MG
- Keep Cilotab Tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Cilotab 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Cilotab Tablet with other blood pressure lowering medicines?
Q: How Cilotab Tablet works?
Q: Can I smoke if I am taking Cilotab Tablet?
- Cilostazol 50 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Cilostazol 50 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]