Cilentra Plus Tablet
Cilentra Plus Tablet Description
Cilentra Plus tablet is a prescription medication commonly used in the treatment of various anxiety and mood disorders and for managing comorbid depression. It is a combination of two active medicine
s: clonazepam and escitalopram. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser (medicines that reduce anxiety and fear). Escitalopram is an antidepressant and helps stabilise mood. Anxiety is one of many mood disorders that affects the way one feels. It can sometimes be accompanied by depression. The mode of action of Cilentra Plus tablets is by reducing the excess activity of nerves in the brain and stabilising mood. It can also produce a calming effect and sedation. Directions for use of Cilentra Plus tablets should be strictly followed. Its dose and duration must be carefully monitored, especially in older adults and those with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause dependency in the long term. It is vital to inform the treating doctor of the affected person's medical history and any medications been currently used so that they can check for any potential interactions. Side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets include drowsiness, tiredness, diarrhoea, stomach issues, slow heart rate, sexual dysfunctions, memory problems, and uncoordinated movements.
|You Save||₹17.42 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Change in sexual desire|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- As per CDSCO, Cilentra Plus tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of the symptoms of comorbid depression (depression associated with other disorders).
- Treatment of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and other mood disorders.
Contraindications of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- Do not take Cilentra Plus tablets or take with caution:
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the components of Cilentra Plus tablets.
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are using other anti-anxiety or sedatives; they can interfere with Cilentra Plus tablets and cause adverse reactions.
- If you are driving; it can impair your driving ability.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma (an eye condition that causes high fluid pressure inside the eye).
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
Side effects of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- Side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets include:
- Stomach issues
- Slow heart rate
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
Precautions and Warnings of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are under 18 years of age; there are few studies on this medicine's safety in children. Do not take this medicine without consulting with a doctor.
- You experience persistent side effects.
- You are an older adult over 65; this medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have a respiratory disease; use this medicine with caution.
- You are doing something that requires focus; this medicine can affect focus and cause drowsiness.
- You are using Ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements; notify your doctor as some can cause serious side effects when taken with Cilentra Plus tablets.
Mode of Action of Cilentra Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- Take Cilentra Plus tablets exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of this medicine, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Take it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take Cilentra Plus tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop using Cilentra Plus tablets.
- Cilentra Plus tablets can be taken with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after food.
Interactions of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-anxiety and mood disorder medicines such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., combined with the Cilentra Plus tablet, can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels that are high enough to produce heart and neurotoxic serotonin syndrome...
- Do not use other antidepressant medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine., etc with Cilentra Plus tablets, as this combination can also increase the levels of serotonin, which can lead to Serotonin toxicity and cause life threatening side effects....
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy, cold and cough medicine, opiates, or narcotic pain relievers with Cilentra Plus tablets. These medicines can increase the side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets and cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you have bleeding issues or take blood thinner medicines, use Cilentra Plus tablets with caution as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you are already using antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as these medicines can increase the side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid tyramine rich food products such as cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, avocados, bananas, canned figs, soybeans and excess chocolate. It can result in sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure....
- Try to avoid drinking grapefruit juice while you are taking Cilientra plus medication as it can increase the levels of clonazepam in your blood.
Storage and disposal of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Dosage of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Cilentra Plus tablet for a long time?
Q: Can Cilentra Plus tablets cause erectile dysfunction?
Q: Will I gain weight while using the Cilentra Plus tablets?
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of Benzodiazepines to Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors to Optimize Treatment of Depression: A hospital-based Study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. www.msjonline.org [cited 21 Jan 2022] -
- Kakde RB, Satone DD. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Escitalopram Oxalate and Clonazepam in Tablet Dosage Form [Internet]. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Medknow Publications. 2009. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov [cited 18 Feb 2022] -
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 Feb 2022] -