Cilentra Plus Tablet
By STRIDES SHASUN LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cilentra Plus tablet is a prescription medication commonly used in the treatment of various anxiety and mood disorders and for managing comorbid depression. It is a combination of two active medicines: clonazepam and escitalopram. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser (medicines that reduce anxiety and fear). Escitalopram is an antidepressant and helps stabilise mood. Anxiety is one of many mood disorders that affects the way one feels. It can sometimes be accompanied by depression. The mode of action of Cilentra Plus tablets is by reducing the excess activity of nerves in the brain and stabilising mood. It can also produce a calming effect and sedation. Directions for use of Cilentra Plus tablets should be strictly followed. Its dose and duration must be carefully monitored, especially in older adults and those with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause dependency in the long term. It is vital to inform the treating doctor of the affected person's medical history and any medications been currently used so that they can check for any potential interactions. Side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets include drowsiness, tiredness, diarrhoea, stomach issues, slow heart rate, sexual dysfunctions, memory problems, and uncoordinated movements....
|You Save||₹20.91 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg),Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Change in sexual desire|
|Classification||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- As per CDSCO, Cilentra Plus tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of the symptoms of comorbid depression (depression associated with other disorders).
- Treatment of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and other mood disorders.
Contraindications of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- Do not take Cilentra Plus tablets or take with caution:
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the components of Cilentra Plus tablets.
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are using other anti-anxiety or sedatives; they can interfere with Cilentra Plus tablets and cause adverse reactions.
- If you are driving; it can impair your driving ability.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma (an eye condition that causes high fluid pressure inside the eye).
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
Side effects of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- Side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets include:
- Stomach issues
- Slow heart rate
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
Precautions and Warnings of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Can I take a Cilentra Plus tablets during pregnancy?
Cilentra Plus tablet is not safe to use during pregnancy. Some studies have shown a definite risk to the foetus. Your doctor may prescribe it in an emergency condition after assessing the benefit-risk ratio. Do not take Cilentra Plus tablets without consulting your doctor.
Can I take Cilentra Plus tablets while breastfeeding?
Consult a doctor before taking Cilentra Plus tablets as a nursing mother. This medicine can be unsafe for nursing mothers. There is minimal data on the effects of Cilentra Plus tablets on breastfed babies. Studies suggest that the medicine may pass into breast milk and have unwanted effects on the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken a Cilentra Plus tablet?
Do not drive after taking a Cilentra Plus tablet, as it can cause unwanted effects like drowsiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision that can affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Cilentra Plus tablets?
Try not to consume alcohol with Cilentra Plus tablets. It can interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine and cause unwanted side effects like drowsiness, vomiting, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are under 18 years of age; there are few studies on this medicine's safety in children. Do not take this medicine without consulting with a doctor.
- You experience persistent side effects.
- You are an older adult over 65; this medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have a respiratory disease; use this medicine with caution.
- You are doing something that requires focus; this medicine can affect focus and cause drowsiness.
- You are using Ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements; notify your doctor as some can cause serious side effects when taken with Cilentra Plus tablets.
Mode of Action of Cilentra Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cilentra Plus tablet contains clonazepam and escitalopram as its active ingredients. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine medicine. It functions by increasing the action of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), which is a chemical messenger in the brain. GABA lowers the abnormal or excessive activity of nerve cells in the brain. It is responsible for the sedation properties of this medicine. However, clonazepam does not affect the levels of GABA in the brain. Escitalopram increases serotonin levels in the brain by blocking its reuptake by nerve cells. Serotonin is a hormone responsible for stabilising mood, causing happy thoughts, etc. It can also help other functions like sleeping, eating, and digestion....
Directions for Use of Cilentra Plus Tablet
- Take Cilentra Plus tablets exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of this medicine, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Take it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take Cilentra Plus tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop using Cilentra Plus tablets.
- Cilentra Plus tablets can be taken with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after food.
Interactions of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-anxiety and mood disorder medicines such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., combined with the Cilentra Plus tablet, can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels that are high enough to produce heart and neurotoxic serotonin syndrome...
- Do not use other antidepressant medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine., etc with Cilentra Plus tablets, as this combination can also increase the levels of serotonin, which can lead to Serotonin toxicity and cause life threatening side effects....
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy, cold and cough medicine, opiates, or narcotic pain relievers with Cilentra Plus tablets. These medicines can increase the side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets and cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you have bleeding issues or take blood thinner medicines, use Cilentra Plus tablets with caution as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you are already using antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as these medicines can increase the side effects of Cilentra Plus tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid tyramine rich food products such as cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, avocados, bananas, canned figs, soybeans and excess chocolate. It can result in sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure....
- Try to avoid drinking grapefruit juice while you are taking Cilientra plus medication as it can increase the levels of clonazepam in your blood.
Storage and disposal of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Store Cilentra Plus tablets in a dry place at room temperature, away from heat and humidity. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Carefully dispose of this medication packaging after use or if it has passed its expiration date. Do not use this tablet after its expiration date. Throw away the tablet if its packaging is open or damaged....
Dosage of Cilentra Plus Tablet
Cilentra Plus tablet overdose can cause dizziness, shakiness, sudden muscle movements, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, sodium or potassium electrolyte imbalance, sleep disturbances, confusion, hypotension, increased heart rate, diminished reflexes, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Cilentra Plus tablets and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital nearby....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of the Cilentra Plus tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If you recall missing a dose when it's almost the time to take the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together, as this can lead to an overdose. This tablet should be used only when needed or as prescribed by the doctor. Talk to your doctor if you have any confusion about the dosage....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Cilentra Plus tablet for a long time?
A: You should use Cilentra Plus tablets exactly for the duration recommended by the doctor. Cilentra Plus tablet is a prescription medicine whose dose and duration should be carefully monitored. This medicine can cause side effects like having suicidal thoughts, if used for a long duration.
Q: Can Cilentra Plus tablets cause erectile dysfunction?
A: Cilentra Plus tablets can have undesirable side effects and lower sexual desire (libido) in men and women. It can also cause erectile dysfunction in men. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any changes in your sexual desire.
Q: Will I gain weight while using the Cilentra Plus tablets?
A: The Cilentra Plus tablets can cause changes in appetite, resulting in weight gain or loss. The clonazepam part of this medicine can cause weight gain. Try to eat healthy food and do physical exercise to prevent any weight changes.
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of Benzodiazepines to Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors to Optimize Treatment of Depression: A hospital-based Study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. www.msjonline.org [cited 21 Jan 2022] -
- Kakde RB, Satone DD. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Escitalopram Oxalate and Clonazepam in Tablet Dosage Form [Internet]. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Medknow Publications. 2009. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov [cited 18 Feb 2022] -
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 Feb 2022] -
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.