Chemotaxel 100mg Injection
Chemotaxel 100 MG Description
Chemotaxel Injection is an anti-cancer medication containing paclitaxel as its main component. It is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, lung cancer (non-small cell lung cancer) and breast cance
r. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Chemotaxel 100 MG
Contraindications of Chemotaxel 100 MG
Side effects of Chemotaxel 100 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation
- Fatigue, loss of appetite, weakness
- Headache, dizziness, chills, fever, cough
- Pain in joints & muscles
- Skin rash, hair loss
- Sleep problems, weight loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Chemotaxel 100 MG
- Chemotaxel Injection should not be used during pregnancy & in women not using effective contraception, unless your doctor considers it absolutely essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment & for about 6 months after stopping the treatment.
Other General Warnings
- You had or still have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding or develop any signs of infection while on treatment
- You experience muscle weakness, numbness, pricking sensation, tingling, have difficulty in breathing, dry cough
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Chemotaxel 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Chemotaxel 100 MG
Interactions of Chemotaxel 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Chemotaxel Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat infections, psychiatric illnesses, fits, stomach ulcers, blood cholesterol levels, HIV infection or are taking blood thinning medications.
Storage and disposal of Chemotaxel 100 MG
- Store Chemotaxel Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Chemotaxel 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Chemotaxel Injection?
Q: What is the use of Chemotaxel Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Abraxane 5 mg/ml powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Abraxane 5 mg/ml powder for dispersion for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]