Cetcip L 5mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It is also useful to treat symptoms such as allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite. Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet contains levocetirizine as its main component. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely Histamine. Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet works by blocking the actions of Histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert. Before using the Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria,
- insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite.
Contraindications of Cetcip L 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any liver disease
Side effects of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Cetcip L 5 MG
Can I take Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet in pregnant women. Hence, it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
Can I take Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
A small and occasional dose of Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet is probably acceptable if you are breastfeeding but larger doses or more prolonged use may lead to cause drowsiness and other effects in the infant or decrease the milk supply. Consult with your doctor before consuming this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet?
Caution is advised as taking Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet may lead to drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion. Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause an additional reduction in alertness and impairment of performance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take for any allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Cetcip L 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet works by blocking the action of Histamine and relieves allergy symptoms....
Directions for Use of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Take Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Cetcip L 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Medications that may interact with Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet are Theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and Ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Store Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetcip L 5 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, rash or severe allergic reactions. If this happens to you, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose of Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet as early as you remember. Skip the missed dose and avoid taking extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet to work?
A: You can see the improvement within an hour of taking Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet. However, it may take some time to notice the full benefits.
Q: Does Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet make you tired and drowsy?
A: Yes, Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet can make you tired, sleepy and weak.
Q: How long should I continue taking Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet?
A: The duration of the medicine depends upon the condition for which you are taking Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet. You may have to take this medicine for a longer duration if you are using it to treat symptoms of chronic urticaria or chronic allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose). Consult with your doctor if you are not sure about the duration of using this medicine.
Q: Can I take Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet along with paracetamol?
A: Yes, Cetcip-L 5 mg tablet can be taken along with paracetamol as no interaction is found between these two. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Q: What is the composition of Cetcip L?
A: The composition of Cetcip L consists of levocetirizine as its active ingredient.
Q: What is the best time to take Cetcip L?
A: You should take Cetcip L at a fixed time of the day as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor. It should preferably be taken before bedtime or as needed.
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- LactMed - Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Levocetirizine: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- LEVOCETIRIZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE tablet, coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.