Cetcip L 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cetcip L 5 MG Description
Cetcip L tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used in the treatment of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as runny and stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and
other allergic symptoms. Allergic rhinitis is an allergic response to allergy-producing substances like pollen, dust or mould. It causes irritation in the nose/throat and symptoms like sneezing, wheezing, etc. Cetcip L tablet contains levocetirizine as its active medicine. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components. You should be cautious while driving after taking Cetcip L tablet as it may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
Uses of Cetcip L 5 MG
Contraindications of Cetcip L 5 MG
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredient of Cetcip L tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Cetcip L 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching, and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Cetcip L 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Take Cetcip L tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Cetcip L 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cetcip L tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Cetcip L tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Cetcip L 5 MG
- Store Cetcip L tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetcip L 5 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Cetcip L tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Cetcip L tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: Can I stop taking Cetcip L tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: Is Cetcip L an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take Cetcip L during an asthma attack?
Q: What is Cetcip L used for?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 September 2022]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 15 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 September 2022]