Cefcidal 125mg Syp
By SHREYA LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
30ml Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefcidal Syrup is an antibiotic and is used for the treatment of different types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, sinuses (such as sinusitis), throat (tonsillitis), chest and lungs (such as b
ronchitis, pneumonia), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections). It contains cephalexin (or cefalexin) as its active ingredient. Cefcidal Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You must complete the entire course of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Cefcidal Syrup....
Uses of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
Cefcidal Syrup is used for the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, chest, lungs, kidney, skin and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
- If you are allergic to cephalexin or any other ingredients of Cefcidal Syrup.
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
- If you are suffering from a hereditary condition called porphyria.
Side effects of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
Can I take Cefcidal Syrup during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Cefcidal Syrup during pregnancy as there is limited information for its use in pregnant women.
Can I take Cefcidal Syrup while breastfeeding?
Cephalexin passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus you should be cautious when using Cefcidal Syrup while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefcidal Syrup?
You should be cautious while driving a vehicle or operating heavy machinery as Cefcidal Syrup may make you feel dizzy.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefcidal Syrup?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefcidal Syrup, as it may worsen the side effects such as dizziness or nausea.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefcidal Syrup, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop bloody diarrhoea or mucous in diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Cefcidal Syrup should be taken only on your doctor’s prescription and complete the course of the medicine. Discontinuing the medicine in between treatment may lead to the bacteria becoming resistant to this medicine....Read more
Mode of Action of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
How Does It Work?
Cephalexin in Cefcidal Syrup works by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
- Take Cefcidal Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefcidal Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines used to treat cancer, gout (Probenecid), water tablets (ethacrynic acid, furosemide), diabetes (metformin), or other antibiotics.
- Cefcidal Syrup should not be concomitantly used with medicine like clindamycin, doxycycline to treat your bacterial infection.
- Medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Cefcidal Syrup as it may increase bleeding.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
- Cefcidal Syrup should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Cefcidal 125mg Syp
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea and blood in the urine. Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken Cefcidal Syrup in excess.
Missed a Dose
In case you have missed taking any dose of Cefcidal Syrup, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this med
icine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cefcidal Syrup?
A: Cefcidal Syrup is used in the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, chest, lungs, kidney, skin and urinary tract
Q: How to take Cefcidal Syrup?
A: Cefcidal Syrup should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Shake well before taking it. Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
Q: Is Cefcidal Syrup an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cefcidal Syrup is an antibiotic.
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved