Cefa Drops 6ml
By WEST-COAST PHARMACEUTICAL WORKS LTD
6ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefa Drops 6ml is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, ears, nose etc. Cefa Drops 6ml contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. This medicine specially designed for use in children and should be used under adult’s supervision. It works by inhibiting the growth of infection causing bacteria. Before giving this medicine to your children inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Do not give this medicine to your child for viral infection such as cold and flu. Always complete the course of antibitoic medicine for your child, not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can result in failure of therapy....
Uses of Cefa Drops 6ml
Cefa Drops 6ml is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, skin, tonsils and sinus.
Contraindications of Cefa Drops 6ml
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins. If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Cefa Drops 6ml
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Cefa Drops 6ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins or similar medicines.
- Your child has a kidney problem.
- Your child has diarrhoea with or without stomach pain and fever even after stopping treatment with Cefa Drops 6ml .
- Do not use this medicine for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop the treatment with this medicine midway during your course even if your child starts feeling better. The course should be completed, otherwise, it can lead to resistance. Seek medical help if your child has persistent diarrhoea....
Mode of Action of Cefa Drops 6ml
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in Cefa Drops 6ml acts on the bacteria and controls its growth that results in the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefa Drops 6ml
- Cefa Drops 6ml should be taken as directed by your doctor, read the label carefully before using.
- This medicine needs to be reconstituted before use in boiled and cooled water.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Cefa Drops 6ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefa Drops 6ml works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Cefa Drops 6ml should be used with caution along with antacids or medicines to treat gout.
Storage and disposal of Cefa Drops 6ml
- Store Cefa Drops 6ml at room temperature in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed and away from the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion after the specific period of time as per the label.
Dosage of Cefa Drops 6ml
Symptoms of overdose are diarrhoea, stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting. If you have given too much of Cefa Drops 6ml to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy. If you have missed giving any dose of Cefa Drops 6ml , then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Cefa Drops 6ml ?
A: Cefa Drops 6ml is an antibiotic medicine containing cefpodoxime. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, nose, throat, etc
Q: How do you store Cefa Drops 6ml ?
A: Cefa Drops 6ml should be stored at room temperature, away from direct heat and moisture. The lid of the container should be closed tightly after every use.
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime proxetil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Cefpodoxime - Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006 [cited 1 June 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.