Carvedil 12.5mg Tablet
Carvedil 12.5 MG Description
Carvedil Tablet contains carvedilol as its active ingredient. It is used to treat various heart conditions such as heart failure. It is a condition that affects the ability of the heart to pump blood
efficiently. This medicine also helps in lowering high blood pressure and preventing other heart-related problems. The dose and duration of this medicine are decided by your treating doctor after accessing your condition. You should take the Carvedil Tablet as prescribed by your doctor and at a fixed time for optimal results. Your doctor may suggest for few lifestyle modifications. A small change in lifestyle can aid improve your condition more effectively along with this medicine. You should quit smoking and alcohol, avoid caffeinated products, trace daily fluid intake, rest adequately along with being physically active, etc.
|You Save||₹5.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Congestive heart failure|
|Side effects||Low blood pressure, fatigue, dizziness, headache, weight gain|
Uses of Carvedil 12.5 MG
Contraindications of Carvedil 12.5 MG
- If you are allergic carvedilol or any ingredients present in the Carvedil Tablet.
- If you have any respiratory problems like asthma or other lung diseases.
- If you had or have any heart problems including slow heart rate, irregular heart rate, heart blockage, etc.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have an untreated tumour of adrenal glands.
- If you have any history of acid-base balance in the body.
- If you had or have an altered blood supply to legs or hands.
- If you are currently on intravenous medicines like verapamil or diltiazem. If you are unsure consult your doctor before taking the Carvedil Tablet.
Side effects of Carvedil 12.5 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Increased blood sugar
- Decreased heart rate
- Increased weight
Precautions and Warnings of Carvedil 12.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart-related conditions.
- You have a history of known allergies.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have any respiratory problems
- You are wearing contact lenses, as it may decrease eye fluid.
- You have any other medical condition and are on medications for the same.
Mode of Action of Carvedil 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Carvedil 12.5 MG
- Carvedil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Carvedil 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Carvedil Tablet works or the Carvedil itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking any medicines to treat heart problems, to prevent rejection of organ transplant, diabetes, blood pressure, pain, allergic reactions or inflammatory reactions, bacterial infections, stomach problems like ulcers or acid reflux, heartburns, fungal infections, cough and cold medications....
- Carvedilol may enhance the effect of diabetes medicines such as insulin, metformin, etc.
Storage and disposal of Carvedil 12.5 MG
- Store the Carvedil Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Carvedil 12.5 MG
- An overdose of the Carvedil Tablet can lead to adverse effects like low blood pressure, dizziness, low heart rate, shock, fits, vomiting, altered consciousness, etc. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Carvedil Tablet on my own?
Q: When should I take the Carvedil Tablet?
- Carvedilol 3.125 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- COREG (carvedilol) tablet [Internet]. GSK Pro. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CARVEDILOL [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Carvedilol 3.125 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Carvedilol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]