Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
6 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cardace 2.5mg tablet contains Ramipril as its active ingredient. Ramipril belongs to the class of medicines called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI). It is used to treat high blood pressure and is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It prevents the formation of the chemical substance angiotensin II that is responsible for constriction of blood vessels which in turn dilate the blood vessels. Thus, reducing the blood pressure.
Uses of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Used to treat high blood pressure Used for the treatment of individuals with cardiac failure and heart attack(myocardial infarction) Used to treat kidney disease with or without diabetes
Contraindications of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ramipril or any other ingredients present in Cardace 2.5mg tablet.
- If you have facial swelling.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you are in the 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have kidney artery stenosis (where the blood supply to the kidney is obstructed).
- If you are on sacubitril/valsartan therapy (used to treat heart failure).
Side effects of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Dry cough
- Reduced blood pressure
- High potassium levels in the blood
- Skin rashes
- Leg cramps
- Loose stools
- Change in kidney function
Precautions and Warnings of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Cardace 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Cardace 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take Cardace 2.5mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not recommeneded to breast feed the baby if you are consuming this medicine.You must either discontinue the use of the medicine or stop breast feeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cardace 2.5mg tablet?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy or tired. Individuals must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after cosuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cardace 2.5mg tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol can affect the concentration of this medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver, heart and kidney problems or disease.
- You are on any medication for a specific medical condition.
- You have low sodium levels and high potassium levels in the blood.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- You develop cough, allergic condition or facial swelling after taking this medicine.
- Cardace 2.5mg Tablet should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cardace 2.5mg tablet acts by inhibiting the formation of angiotensin II which constricts the blood vessels. Thus, the inhibitory action causes the relaxation of blood vessels, lowers the blood pressure and makes the pumping of the heart easier.
Directions for Use of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take Cardace 2.5mg tablet without breaking or chewing along with water. Cardace 2.5mg tablet can be taken either with or without a meal. It is advised to take the tablet at the same time every day and at a dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Cardace 2.5mg tablet with valsartan/sacubitril increases the risk of facial swelling.
- Concurrent use of spironolactone (potassium-sparing diuretic), ciclosporin (immunosuppressant), heparin (blood thinner), co-trimoxazole (antimicrobial) with Cardace 2.5mg tablet can cause an increase in blood potassium levels.Read less
- Cardace 2.5mg tablet with other blood pressure reducing medicine such as baclofen, alfuzosin, doxazosin, prazosin, tamsulosin, terazosin can cause low blood pressure.
- Isoproterenol, dobutamine, dopamine, epinephrine (vasoconstrictor) may reduce the effect of Cardace 2.5mg tablet when used along.
- The effect of lithium (anti-anxiety) can be increased with Cardace 2.5mg tablet.
- Blood sugar lowering effect by insulin may be enhanced with Cardace 2.5mg tablet.
- Allopurinol (an immunosuppressant), procainamide (steroid) can increase the risk of blood disorders or reactions.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Cardace 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Individuals may experience symptoms like very low blood pressure, decreased heart rate, changes in blood salt levels, kidney damage, fainting, etc. if the medicine is taken more than the recommended dose. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
Do not miss a dose of this medicine is it may lead to a rise in blood pressure. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of the Cardace 2.5mg tablet?
A: Cardace 2.5mg tablet composition includes 2.5 mg of Ramipril.
Q: Do I need to have any restrictions on diet?
A: It is advised to reduce the intake of salt and avoid foods containing potassium while on the prescription of this medicine.
Q: Is Cardace 2.5mg tablet suitable for use for children?
A: Cardace 2.5mg tablet use is not recommended in children below 16 years due to the lack of safety and efficacy.
Q: When and how to consume Cardace 2.5mg tablet?
A: Take Cardace 2.5mg tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician. Do not alter the dosages and duration unless advised. Do not suddenly stop the drug since it can have adverse reactions. Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
A: Restrict salt intake in your diet. Follow a low carb, low-fat food, eat more fruits and leafy vegetables. Avoid packaged food. Exercise regularly for 30- 40 minutes every day. Maintain a healthy weight. Take proper medication as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop Cardace 2.5mg tablet if experience more side effects?
A: No, you should never stop any of the medication without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor about all the intolerable side effects. Your doctor can suggest some alternative medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 07:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved