Calcigard Retard 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Calcigard Retard 10 MG Description
Calcigard Retard 10 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure in adults. It contains nifedipine as its active ingredient. While taking this medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should
also exercise regularly. Calcigard Retard 10 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
- Nicardia Retard 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.37₹ 43.66₹ 2.91/Tablet
Uses of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Contraindications of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- If you are allergic to nifedipine or any other ingredients of Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
- If you have taken nifedipine before and felt that your heart pain had worsened.
- If you experience sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have any kind of heart problem.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Rifampicin to treat tuberculosis.
- If you have a Kock pouch (surgical procedure) in your gut.
- If you suffer from a blood condition called Porphyria.
Side effects of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
- Dry mouth
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure
- You have liver problems
- You are on kidney dialysis
- You have any problems with your heart
- You have diabetes, as the treatment may have to be adjusted
- Calcigard Retard 10 tablet is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old
Mode of Action of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Interactions of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly along with Rifampicin (antibiotic).
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this tablet and should thus be used cautiously....
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- Calcigard Retard 10 tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness, coma.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Calcigard Retard 10 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Calcigard Retard 10 tablets be used in children?
Q: What is Calcigard Retard 10 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Calcigard Retard 10 tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
- Coracten XL capsule - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Coracten XL capsule - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]