Calcigard Retard 10mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calcigard Retard 10 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure in adults. It contains nifedipine as its active ingredient. While taking this medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Calcigard Retard 10 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Calcigard Retard 10 tablet....
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Calcigard Retard 10mg Tablet
Uses of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Calcigard Retard 10 tablet is used in adult patients to treat high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- If you are allergic to nifedipine or any other ingredients of Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
- If you have taken nifedipine before and felt that your heart pain had worsened.
- If you experience sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have any kind of heart problem.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Rifampicin to treat tuberculosis.
- If you have a Kock pouch (surgical procedure) in your gut.
- If you suffer from a blood condition called Porphyria.
Side effects of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
- Dry mouth
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Can I take Calcigard Retard 10 tablets during pregnancy?
Calcigard Retard 10 tablet should not be used if you are pregnant as there is limited information about its safety. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Calcigard Retard 10 tablets while breastfeeding?
Calcigard Retard 10 tablet is not recommended to be used in women who are breastfeeding as components of this medicine are likely to pass into your milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Calcigard Retard 10 tablet?
You may experience side effects like dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness or blurred vision after taking Calcigard Retard 10 tablet. Thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet as it may potentially worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure
- You have liver problems
- You are on kidney dialysis
- You have any problems with your heart
- You have diabetes, as the treatment may have to be adjusted
- Calcigard Retard 10 tablet is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old
Mode of Action of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
How Does It Work?
The heart muscles require calcium for contraction. Nifedipine in Calcigard Retard 10 tablet works by blocking this calcium from entering the heart muscles and blood vessels, thus relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily....
Directions for Use of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Take Calcigard Retard 10 tablet with a glass of water or milk. You may take it with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed the dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly along with Rifampicin (antibiotic).
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this tablet and should thus be used cautiously....
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit while on treatment with Calcigard Retard 10 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- Calcigard Retard 10 tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Calcigard Retard 10 MG
- Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness, coma.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Calcigard Retard 10 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Calcigard Retard 10 tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Calcigard Retard 10 tablets be used in children?
A: No, Calcigard Retard 10 tablet should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited information about its safety and effectiveness.
Q: What is Calcigard Retard 10 tablet?
A: Calcigard Retard 10 tablet contains nifedipine as its main component. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure in adult patients.
Q: Can I stop taking Calcigard Retard 10 tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Calcigard Retard 10 tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
- Coracten XL capsule - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Coracten XL capsule - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.