Betadine 5% Bottle Of 10gm Microbicidal Sprinkling Powder
Betadine 5 %W/W Description
Betadine powder is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It protects against various germs that can cause infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use Betadine powder. It is meant for external use and should be applied precisely as your doctor recommends.
Uses of Betadine 5 %W/W
Precautions and Warnings of Betadine 5 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this powder, discontinue the treatment and talk to your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use it in the eyes or areas near the eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This Skin Solution should not be used for a prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- It should not be used on the eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Directions for Use of Betadine 5 %W/W
- Clean the affected area with mild soap and water.
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry before touching the powder.
- Sprinkle a sufficient amount of Betadine powder directly onto the affected area.
- Ensure the powder covers the entire affected area evenly.
- Optionally, cover the area with a sterile gauze pad or dressing.
- Reapply once or twice daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Dispose of any excess powder and securely close the container.
- Betadine powder is for external use only, do not ingest or use near eyes, mouth, or mucous membranes.
Storage and disposal of Betadine 5 %W/W
- Store Betadine powder at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.