Azitrac 200mg Susp
By INVISION MEDI SCIENCES PVT LTD
15ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azitrac Syrup is an antibiotic that contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicine is designed for children's use only. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of various parts of the body like ears, throat, lungs, skin, soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. It is very important to complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not skip a dose or consume it more than that recommended by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection....
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Azitrac 200mg Susp
Uses of Azitrac 200 MG
- Azitrac Syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways, nasal passage, skin and soft tissue.
- It is also used for the treatment of enteric fever and pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Azitrac 200 MG
If your child has suffered any allergic reaction due to this medicine or any other antibiotic from the same class as azithromycin.
Side effects of Azitrac 200 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Azitrac 200 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has any kind of kidney disease or kidney failure.
- Your child experiences severe skin allergies such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome after taking this medicine, experience a side effect called encephalopathy, which makes you feel confused, unconscious, less alert and causes difficulty in movement and fits....
- Your child is suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a type of anaemia where the red blood cells are broken down faster than they are formed).
Mode of Action of Azitrac 200 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the growth and killing of bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Azitrac 200 MG
- Give it to your child as instructed by your doctor, it can be given with or without food.
- Shake it well before use. Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not give this medicine to your child directly from the bottle.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azitrac 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations your child is currently taking to avoid any interactions. Because sometimes Azitrac Syrup may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Azitrac Syrup works, if taken at the same time....
- Other medicines which should be used with caution are immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, medicines used during heart failure like digoxin, anti-gout medicines like colchicine, blood thinners such as warfarin, etc....
Storage and disposal of Azitrac 200 MG
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azitrac 200 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may be diarrhoea, vomiting, feeling sick. Immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You Should never miss your dose of this antibiotic medicine and complete the entire course for effective treatment. If you have missed to give any dose of this medicine to your child, give it to them as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop giving Azitrac Syrup to my child if he/she feels better after few days?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not stop the treatment mid way even if your child is feeling better.
Q: Can I give Azitrac Syrup to my child for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella. Consult your doctor before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can I give Azitrac Syrup to my child for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not give this medicine to your child without consulting your doctor.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.