Avizol D Cap
By AVALANCHE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Avizol D Cap contains combination of Domperidone and Omeprazole, an anti-reflux medicine.
Uses of Avizol D Cap
- It is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to Omeprazole. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc....Read more
Contraindications of Avizol D Cap
- If you are allergic to Omeprazole and Domperidone, any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeds or obstruction
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis and had fracture
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours)
Side effects of Avizol D Cap
- Dry mouth
- Loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Avizol D Cap
Can I take Avizol D Cap during pregnancy?
- The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby
- This medicine should not be used during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby
Can I take Avizol D Cap while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks
- Your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Avizol D Cap?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Avizol D Cap?
No interaction between alcohol and Pantoprazole has been reported. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking steroids
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You develop skin lesions after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat infection or you have HIV
Mode of Action of Avizol D Cap
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe
Directions for Use of Avizol D Cap
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Avizol D Cap
Interactions with other medicines
There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two comp
onents when taken alone may occur with this combination Avoid using this medicine if you are taking Clopidogrel Avoid using it with medicines used to treat HIV like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir Antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole should be avoided when taking this medicine If you are taking medicines like Methotrexate, Tacrolimus then levels of these can increase, causing side effects Do not take antibiotic called Erythromycin if you are taking this medicine Medicine used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin Medicine used to stop blood from clotting like Warfarin...
Interactions with food items
To be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay u
lcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Avizol D Cap
- Store this medicine below 25°C, protected from moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Avizol D Cap
- Overdose can result in confusion, dizziness, nausea or headache
- In case of an overdose, visit your nearest hospital or contact your doctor
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any danger of taking this medicine for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has it's own side effects
- This medicine should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor, do not self medicate yourself
- On long term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk and vitamin B12 deficiency
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long term treatment
Q: Does smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved