Avacan Drops 15ml
By KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Non ReturnableRead More
Avacan Drops 15ml contains Drotaverine. It is an antispasmodic medicine.
Uses of Avacan Drops 15ml
To relieve stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain.
Contraindications of Avacan Drops 15ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problem
- If you are suffering from a blood disorder called porphyria
- If you are breastfeeding a baby
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below 12 years of age
Side effects of Avacan Drops 15ml
- Spinning of head
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Avacan Drops 15ml
Can I take Avacan Drops 15ml during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used by pregnant women as there is limited information available on its safety during pregnancy.
Can I take Avacan Drops 15ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Avacan Drops 15ml?
After taking this medicine, you may feel dizziness. So, it is advised to be cautious before driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Avacan Drops 15ml?
There is limited information on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol. Yet, it is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly
- If you have any heart-related disease
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have a low blood pressure problem
Mode of Action of Avacan Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
It inhibits the action of an enzyme phosphodiesterase. This leads to relaxation of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels. Therefore, it provides relief from spasm and pain.
Directions for Use of Avacan Drops 15ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use
Interactions of Avacan Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Other medicines like pain killers, medicines used to treat bladder problems and medicines used to calm the mind or relax the body like Alprazolam and Diazepam in mental disorders should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Avacan Drops 15ml
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Store below 30°C protected from light and moisture
Dosage of Avacan Drops 15ml
You may experience weakness, malaise, dizziness, vomiting, headache, a drop in blood pressure and sleepiness if consumed in excess. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. This medicine can completely shut the activity of your heart and can be fatal in very high doses.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take this medicine?
A: You should take this medicine for the treatment as prescribed by the doctor. However, if there is no improvement in pain after seven days, consult your doctor.
Q: Any special warning of this medicine I should be aware of?
A: This medicine should not be used by a patient with any kind heart blockage (AV block)
Q: How long does it takes for this medicine to start working?
A: It usually starts showing it antispasmodic action within and hour. However, it also depends on the dose you are taking and how often you take this medicine.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved