Atpark 25mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Atpark 25mg Tab consists of atenolol which belongs to the beta-blocker class of medicine.
Uses of Atpark 25mg Tab
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Uneven heartbeats (arrhythmias)
- Prevent chest pain characterised by a painful feeling of tightness in the chest (angina pectoris)
- Atpark 25mg Tab is also used as early treatment for protecting the heart after a heart attack (myocardial infarction)
Contraindications of Atpark 25mg Tab
- Severe liver disease
- Neuropsychiatric disorders
- Hypersensitive reactions
- Adrenal tumour (pheochromocytoma) that is not being treated
- Levels of acid in the blood (metabolic acidosis)
Side effects of Atpark 25mg Tab
- Common side effects of Atpark 25mg Tab are dizziness drowsiness, fatigue, diarrhoea, nausea, cold hands and feet,
- neuropsychological disturbances like unusual dreams, loss of full control over body movements, sleeplessness, depression, and vision problems
- Serious side effects are worsening of heart failure and excessive slowing of heart rate, worsening of diabetes and sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Atpark 25mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
The medicine is known to have serious effects on the foetus as it crosses the placenta and reaches cord blood. Many complications ranging from growth retardation, malformations to foetal death are reported. Hence, your doctor will prescribe it only if the benefits outweigh the risk during pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
It is excreted into the mother’s milk. Hence, it is not safe to take it during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive. Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy or tired.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Alcohol may cause your blood pressure to drop too low. You should avoid or limit the intake of alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma or any other similar breathing problems, chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina), poor blood circulation, low blood sugar, rapid heartbeats, thyrotoxicosis (a condition due to an overactive thyroid gland), or kidney or liver disease.read less
Mode of Action of Atpark 25mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Atpark 25mg Tab is a beta-blocker. It works by decreasing the heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.
Directions for Use of Atpark 25mg Tab
You should take the dosage of Atpark 25mg Tab as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Atpark 25mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
You should check with your doctor of all possible interactions of Atpark 25mg Tab, as all medicines are known to interact differently from patient to patient.
Interactions with food items
Take the medicine along with a meal or immediately after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Atpark 25mg Tab
Store it at room temperature and let it be away from excess moisture and heat. Keep it out of children's reach.
Dosage of Atpark 25mg Tab
You must strictly avoid overdosing as it may lead to fatal consequences. The immediate symptoms of overdose are lethargy, breathing disorders, wheezing (whistle-like sound from the chest), missing heartbeat, excessive slowing of heartbeats, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, shakiness, dizziness, sweating or confusion, blurred vision, headache, pale colour, numbness or tingling of the mouth, etc. Immediately seek emergency medical attention.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it immediately as you remember. If it is the next dose time, then skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medicine on my own?
A: Do not suddenly stop taking the medicine dosage without talking to your doctor. If you stop it suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might ask you to gradually decrease your dose.
Q: What special precautions must be followed while taking this medicine?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to the doctor so that the doctor can adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the drug in your serum and other such important factors.
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before I start taking the tablet?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus, and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy status, use of oral birth control pills, and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: Does this medicine help you sleep better?
A: This medicine is known to have sleep disturbances such as difficulty falling asleep and insomnia.
Q: Does this medicine make you fat?
A: Weight gain is a known side effect of this medicine. Consult your doctor if any such symptoms are noticed.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: Information for the user. Atenolol 25 mg tablets
- NCBI. Drugs and lactation database (LactMed) [Internet]. Atenolol
- NIH. DailyMed. ATENOLOL- atenolol tablet
- Drugs.com. Atenolol pregnancy and breastfeeding warnings
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Atenolol 100 mg tablets
- NIH. MedlinePlus. Atenolol
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved