Atocid Suspension 170ml
Atocid Suspension 170ml Description
Atocid Suspension is an antacid. It is used to relieve symptoms like indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain and gas. Atocid contains a combination of aluminium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide and simeth
icone. This gel works by neutralizing the acid present in the stomach and relieving pain due to ulcers. Atocid should be taken as suggested by the doctor or pharmacist. Shake the bottle of Atocid well, before each use.
|You Save||₹6.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Magnesium Hydroxide / Milk Of Magnesia(250.0 Mg) + Aluminium Hydroxide(250.0 Mg) + Simethicone / Simeticone(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Indigestion, heartburn, gas|
|Side effects||Abdominal pain, rash, vomiting|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-FLATULENT|
Uses of Atocid Suspension 170ml
Contraindications of Atocid Suspension 170ml
- If you are allergic to aluminium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, simethicone or any other ingredient of Atocid Suspension.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you have decreased level of phosphate in your body.
Side effects of Atocid Suspension 170ml
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Atocid Suspension 170ml
Other General Warnings
- You have constipation.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- Your phosphate levels are decreasing, resulting in the softening of bones and unexplained fractures. The doctor may ask you to monitor your blood phosphate levels regularly.
Mode of Action of Atocid Suspension 170ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Atocid Suspension 170ml
- Take Atocid Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Atocid Suspension 170ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Atocid Suspension works or Atocid itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Atocid may alter the effectiveness of levothyroxine, quinidine, tetracycline and citrates.
Storage and disposal of Atocid Suspension 170ml
- Store Atocid Suspension below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Atocid Suspension 170ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Atocid Suspension for constipation?
Q: Can I stop taking Atocid Suspension on my own if I feel better?
- Maalox Plus suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Maalox Plus suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]