Atminic 2mg Tablet
By ATOPIC LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atminic Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in common cold and allergy including allergy to pollen or dust. It contains chlorpheniramine, which is an antiallergic group of medicines. It works by opposing the action of histamine, formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Take as prescribed by a doctor. Atminic Tablet should not be used in pregnancy, breastfeeding, and children below 6-years of age. Inform the doctor about other medicines you are consuming, especially the medicines for brain diseases or to induce sleep, as concomitant use of the medicines with Atminic Tablet, causes excessive sleepiness....
|You Save||₹3.24 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, irritation, dryness of nose, mouth or throat, anxiety|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Atminic 2mg Tablet
Uses of Atminic 2 MG
Atminic Tablet used to relieve symptoms of common cold, allergy, and hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen or dust. The symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, itching of eyes, nose or throat, red eyes, and watering from eyes....
Contraindications of Atminic 2 MG
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have glaucoma, a condition where eye pressure is increased.
- If you may have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- The medicine should not be given to a child less than 6-years of age.
Side effects of Atminic 2 MG
- Dryness of nose, mouth or throat
- Fast heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Atminic 2 MG
Can I take Atminic Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Atminic Tablet are known to be harmful to the unborn baby. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with the medicine, then immediately inform the doctor.
Can I take Atminic Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Atminic Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. However, as a component of the medicine is known to be excreted in milk, the medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atminic Tablet?
Atminic Tablet causes sleepiness. If you are taking the medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Atminic Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with Atminic Tablet increases sleepiness. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Atminic Tablet
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Your blood pressure is high.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You have an allergy to other medicines or food.
- You are taking medicines for sleeplessness.
Mode of Action of Atminic 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Chlorpheniramine in Atminic Tablet works by opposing the action of histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Directions for Use of Atminic 2 MG
Atminic Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It may be taken with or without food. It will be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Atminic 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Atminic Tablet or Atminic Tablet itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform the doctor about medicines you are taking, that includes prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for other disorder....
- If you on medications like antipsychotic medicine, antiepileptic medicines such as phenytoin, medicines used to induce calmness etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are moclobemide, Phenelzine, and Tranylcypromine, as they may interfere with the action of Atminic Tablet when given together.
Storage and disposal of Atminic 2 MG
- Store Atminic Tablet at room temperature at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Atminic 2 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Atminic Tablet include sleepiness, dry mouth, flushing, fever, confusion, weakness, ringing sensation in ears, blurring of vision, sleeplessness, and rarely seizures.
- If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Atminic Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. Time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the intake of Atminic Tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Yes, sleepiness is the main side effect of Atminic Tablet. Thus belongs to a group of medicine called sedating antihistamines.
Q: How does Atminic Tablet work?
A: Atminic Tablet works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Q: Can Atminic Tablet be taken with other cold or allergy medicine such as cetirizine?
A: Taking Atminic Tablet with other cold or allergy medicine should be avoided, as it may increase sleepiness or may cause other untoward side effects.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.