Asthalin Syp 100ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
100ml Syrup in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Asthalin Syrup contains salbutamol. It is a bronchodilator used for the treatment of asthma and conditions of obstruction of airways and lungs also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). It helps in relieving the symptoms of bronchospasm (tightening of the muscles that line the airways or the bronchi in the lungs), spasm, constriction, wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Do not increase the dose or stop taking this syrup on your own as it can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
Uses of Asthalin Syp 100ml
For the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Asthalin Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to this Salbutamol or any other ingredients of this syrup
- If you have a history of vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge during the first 6 months of pregnancy
- If you are already taking other medicines like propranolol used to treat high blood pressure
Side effects of Asthalin Syp 100ml
- Feeling shaky
- Rapid heart beats
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Asthalin Syp 100ml
Can I take Asthalin Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Asthalin Syrup in pregnancy. It should be used in pregnancy only on the advice of your doctor.
Can I take Asthalin Syrup while breastfeeding?
Asthalin Syrup is secreted in breast milk, its use in breastfeeding mothers requires careful consideration.
Can I drive if I have consumed Asthalin Syrup?
This medicine has no known effect on your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol after taking this Asthalin Syrup?
Intake of alcohol while on treatment with this medicine may increase the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You experience rapid breathing, feel sick, stomach pain; it can be due to increased lactic acid in your body. You have muscle pain or weakness, an irregular heartbeat that could be due to low potassium levels. You have an overactive thyroid gland and are suffering from asthma. You have diabetes, because your blood sugar level may rise, and continuous monitoring is required. You have a history of any heart problems like irregular heartbeat, heart failure, chest pain. You feel that Asthalin syrup is less effective and not able to give you relief, as this medicine is for short term treatment of airway obstruction. You may experience allergic reactions during the treatment like hives, itching, swelling, etc. You may experience chest pain or breathing problem during the treatment. You should consult your doctor immediately, it can be an underlying heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Asthalin Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
Asthalin Syrup contains Salbutamol, which acts by relaxing the smooth muscles of airways by acting on specific receptors. Thus, provides relief from the symptoms of airway obstruction.
Directions for Use of Asthalin Syp 100ml
- Take Asthalin Syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Asthalin Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like diuretics, guanethidine, reserpine or methyldopa and tranylcypromine used to treat depression, can affect the activity of Asthalin Syrup.
- Taking high doses of medicines used for asthma-like Theophylline and steroids along with Asthalin Syrup can cause a low level of potassium in the blood.
- Asthalin Syrup should be discontinued for 6 hours before any planned dental procedures or surgeries which might involve the use of inhalational anaesthetics as it can lead to heart problems or bleeding disorders.read less
- You may experience a rise in blood sugar level if taken along with antidiabetic medicines. Your doctor may need to adjust the dose of your antidiabetic medicine.
- There is a risk of getting heart rhythms problems if taken along with medicines like Digoxin which is used to treat heart conditions, water pills,Theophylline used to treat breathing problems and steroids.read less
Storage and disposal of Asthalin Syp 100ml
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Store below 25°C in a dry place and the original container.
- Do not throw away the medicine through wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Asthalin Syp 100ml
Symptoms of overdose of Asthalin Syrup induce nausea, vomiting and hyperglycaemia, especially in children. Other symptoms include chest pain or heavy feeling, rapid or uneven heart rate, nervousness, headache, fainting, tremor, dry mouth, nausea, sweating, dizziness and seizures. If you think you have taken too much of this syrup inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose, take it as early as you remember. However, skip the missed dose if it is time for the next dose. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon can I experience the effect of Asthalin Syrup?
A: Asthalin Syrup for bronchodilation works by relaxing the muscles of the airways thereby making it easier to breathe Its effects are seen within 15 minutes and they last for 14 hours
Q: Can I mix Asthalin Syrup with milk while giving it to my child?
A: No, do not mix this syrup with milk.
Q: What measures should I take while giving Asthalin Syrup to babies?
A: Asthalin syrup should not be used in children below two years of age. Always consult a paediatrician before giving any medicine to your child. Also, it is important to note that children do not have bodily functions as developed as adults, especially their liver and kidneys. Hence, a medicine meant for adults is not fit to be given for children. A normal adult dose can result in overdose in the child. Therefore, paediatrician advise is a must before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can I give Asthalin Syrup with Paracetamol?
A: You can take Asthalin Syrup with Paracetamol as there is no direct interaction between these two medicines. However, you should consult with your doctor before taking these two medicines together.
Q: Is it safe to take Asthalin Syrup if I have a heart problem?
A: You should not take this syrup if you have any heart related problem and you are taking medicine for that. In case your doctor has prescribed you this medicine, you should be very extremely cautious and if you experience chest pain, breathing difficulties reach out to your doctor immediately.
Q: Is Asthalin syrup good for cough?
A: Asthalin contains salbutamol which is a bronchodilator it dilates the airways and makes breathing easier. It may not be useful in reducing cough.
Other Variants for
Asthalin Syp 100ml
- Asthalin 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Asthalin 200 Mcg Bottle Of 60 Rotacaps
- Asthalin 200 Mcg Rotacaps
- Asthalin Respules 2 5 Ml 1 5
- Asthalin 4 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Asthalin 2 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Asthalin Respirator Solu 15 Ml
- Asthalin Expectorant Plus Strawberry And Raspberry Flavour Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Asthalin 4 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthalin 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthalin Ecopack 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Asthalin Exp
Last Updated on: 17 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved