Asthalin Syrup 100ml
Asthalin 2 MG Description
Asthalin syrup is an anti-asthmatic medication. It is used for relieving symptoms of asthma and conditions of blockage/obstruction of airways and lungs (COPD). Asthalin syrup also helps in relieving bronchospasm (tightening of the muscles that line the airways in your lungs), coughing, wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
Asthma is a condition where the airway is narrowed or swollen. This condition leads to difficulty in breathing and can affect physical activity. COPD is a severe lung disease where the lungs become swollen and the flow of air in and out is decreased. This obstruction results in coughing, wheezing and breathing difficulties.
Asthalin syrup contains salbutamol as the active ingredient. It works by widening the airways of the lungs and making breathing easier. Some other medicines containing similar compositions are Ventorlin syrup, Ventirex syrup, Salbu 2mg syrup, Broncocet syrup, and Asthacure syrup.
Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Shake well before use. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Use a measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Do not take Asthalin syrup if you are allergic to any of its components. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take. This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
|You Save||₹2.69 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salbutamol / Albuterol(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)|
|Side effects||Headache, muscle cramps, itching, rashes, redness|
Uses of Asthalin 2 MG
Contraindications of Asthalin 2 MG
- If you are allergic to salbutamol or any other ingredients of Asthalin syrup.
- If you have a history of vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge during the first 6 months of pregnancy.
- If you are taking certain blood pressure-lowering medicine such as propranolol.
Side effects of Asthalin 2 MG
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Asthalin 2 MG
Other General Warnings
Directions for Use of Asthalin 2 MG
- Take Asthalin syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- You should not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Storage and disposal of Asthalin 2 MG
- Keep Asthalin syrup out of the reach of children.
- Store below 25°C in a dry place and the original container.
Quick Tips of Asthalin 2 MG
- Asthalin syrup is used to relieve the symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Asthalin syrup also helps in relieving bronchospasm (tightening of the muscles that line the airways in your lungs), coughing, wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
- Take Asthalin syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Shake well before use and use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Do not take Asthalin syrup if you are allergic to any of its components.
- Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
- Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
- Talk to your doctor if you experience allergic reactions such as hives, itching or swelling after taking this syrup.
Dosage of Asthalin 2 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Asthalin syrup include nausea, vomiting, and high blood sugar levels, especially in children. Other symptoms include chest pain or heavy feeling, headache, fainting, tremor, dry mouth, nausea, sweating, and dizziness....
- If you think you have taken too much of this syrup, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed taking Asthalin syrup, take it as early as you remember.
- However, you should skip the missed dose if it is time for the next dose.
- Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Mode of Action of Asthalin 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Asthalin 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure such as water pills, guanethidine and reserpine, medicines used for mood disorders such as methyldopa and tranylcypromine if taken along can affect the activity of Asthalin syrup....
- Taking high doses of certain medicines such as Theophylline (used for the treatment of asthma ) and steroids if taken along with Asthalin syrup can cause a low level of potassium in the blood.
- Asthalin syrup should be discontinued for 6 hours before any planned dental procedures or surgeries which might involve the use of inhalational anaesthetics as it can lead to heart problems or bleeding disorders....
- You may experience a rise in blood sugar level if taken along with antidiabetic medicines. Your doctor may need to adjust the dose of your antidiabetic medicine.
- There is a risk of getting heart rhythms problems if taken along with medicines like Digoxin which is used to treat heart conditions, water pills, Theophylline used to treat breathing problems and steroids....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon can I experience the effect of Asthalin syrup?
Q: Can I mix Asthalin syrup with milk while giving it to my child?
Q: What measures should I take while giving Asthalin syrup to babies?
Q: Can I give Asthalin syrup with Paracetamol?
Q: Is it safe to take Asthalin syrup if I have a heart problem?
Q: Is Asthalin syrup good for cough?
Q: How many times can Asthalin syrup be taken?
Q: Is Asthalin a steroid?
Q: Can Asthalin be used for dry cough?
Q: Is Asthalin an antibiotic?
Q: What is Asthalin syrup used for?
Q: How to take Asthalin syrup?
Q: Can Asthalin syrup be taken in pregnancy?
Q: How does Asthalin syrup work?
Q: How long can Asthalin be taken?
- Salbutamol Syrup 2mg/5ml - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- CDSCO. Salbutamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Salbutamol Syrup 2mg/5ml - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Albuterol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Salbutamol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Salbutamol - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- ASTHALIN 100MCG BOX OF 200MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- ASTHALIN 2.5MG 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- ASTHALIN 200MCG BOX OF 60 ROTACAPS
- ASTHALIN 4MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN RESPIRATOR SOLU 15ML
- ASTHALIN 4MG STRIP OF 45 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN 2MG STRIP OF 45 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN AX SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- ASTHALIN 2MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS