Ventorlin Syrup 100ml
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ventorlin 2 MG Description
Ventorlin Syrup contains salbutamol. It is used for the treatment of asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). It helps in relieving the symptoms such as tightening of the muscles that
line the airways or the bronchi in the lungs, constriction, wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Do not increase the dose or stop taking this syrup on your own as it can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
|Contains||Salbutamol / Albuterol(2.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Salbutamol / Albuterol(2.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ventorlin Syrup 100ml
- Asthalin Syrup 100mlBy Cipla Limited100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 17.92₹ 15.2316.67% CHEAPER₹ 0.15/Millilitre
Uses of Ventorlin 2 MG
For the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Ventorlin 2 MG
- If you are allergic to this Salbutamol or any other ingredients of this syrup.
- If you have a history of vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge during the first 6 months of pregnancy.
- If you are already taking other medicines like propranolol used to treat high blood pressure.
Side effects of Ventorlin 2 MG
- Rapid heartbeats
- Feeling shaky
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Ventorlin 2 MG
Can I take Ventorlin Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Ventorlin Syrup in pregnancy. It should be used in pregnancy only on the advice of your doctor.
Can I take Ventorlin Syrup while breastfeeding?
Ventorlin Syrup is secreted in breast milk, Hence it is recommended to avoid this medication during lactation and its use in breastfeeding mothers requires careful consideration.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ventorlin Syrup?
This medicine has no known effect on your ability to drive or use machines. So, you can drive.
Can I consume alcohol after taking this Ventorlin Syrup?
Consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine may increase the side effects. Hence it is recommended to avoid alcohol while using this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience rapid breathing, feel sick, stomach pain; it can be due to increased lactic acid in your body.
- You have muscle pain or weakness, an irregular heartbeat that could be due to low potassium levels.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland and are suffering from asthma.
- You have diabetes, because your blood sugar level may rise, and continuous monitoring is required.
- You have a history of any heart problems like irregular heartbeat, heart failure, chest pain.
- You feel that Ventorlin Syrup is less effective and not able to give you relief, as this medicine is for short term treatment of airway obstruction.
- You may experience allergic reactions during the treatment like hives, itching, swelling, etc.
- You may experience chest pain or breathing problem during the treatment. You should consult your doctor immediately, it can be an underlying heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Ventorlin 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Ventorlin Syrup contains Salbutamol, which acts by relaxing the muscles of the airways and thereby provides relief from the symptoms of airway obstruction.
Directions for Use of Ventorlin 2 MG
- Take Ventorlin Syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Ventorlin 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like diuretics, guanethidine, reserpine or methyldopa and tranylcypromine used to treat psychotic disorders, can affect the activity of Ventorlin Syrup.
- Taking high doses of medicines used for asthma-like Theophylline and steroids along with Ventorlin Syrup can cause a low level of potassium in the blood.
- Ventorlin Syrup should be discontinued for 6 hours before any planned dental procedures or surgeries which might involve the use of inhalational anaesthetics as it can lead to heart problems or bleeding disorders....
- You may experience a rise in blood sugar level if taken along with antidiabetic medicines. Your doctor may need to adjust the dose of your antidiabetic medicine.
- There is a risk of getting heart rhythms problems if taken along with medicines like Digoxin which is used to treat heart conditions, water pills, Theophylline used to treat breathing problems and steroids....
Storage and disposal of Ventorlin 2 MG
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Store below 25°C in a dry place and the original container.
- Do not throw away the medicine through wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Ventorlin 2 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Ventorlin Syrup induce nausea, vomiting and hyperglycaemia, especially in children. Other symptoms include chest pain or heavy feeling, rapid or uneven heart rate, nervousness, headache, fainting, tremor, dry mouth, nausea, sweating, dizziness and seizures. If you think you have taken too much of this syrup inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose, take it as early as you remember. However, skip the missed dose if it is time for the next dose. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon can I experience the effect of Ventorlin Syrup?
A: Ventorlin Syrup for bronchodilation works by relaxing the muscles of the airways thereby making it easier to breathe Its effects are seen within 15 minutes and they last for 14 hours.
Q: Can I mix Ventorlin Syrup with milk while giving it to my child?
A: No, do not mix this syrup with milk.
Q: What measures should I take while giving Ventorlin Syrup to babies?
A: Ventorlin Syrup should not be used in children below two years of age. Always consult a paediatrician before giving any medicine to your child. Also, it is important to note that children do not have bodily functions as developed as adults, especially their liver and kidneys. Hence, a medicine meant for adults is not fit to be given to children. A normal adult dose can result in an overdose in the child. Therefore, paediatrician advice is a must before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can I give Ventorlin Syrup with Paracetamol?
A: You can take Ventorlin Syrup with Paracetamol as there is no direct interaction between these two medicines. However, you should consult with your doctor before taking these two medicines together.
Q: Is it safe to take Ventorlin Syrup if I have a heart problem?
A: You should not take this syrup if you have any heart-related problem and you are taking medicine for that. In case your doctor has prescribed you this medicine, you should be very extremely cautious and if you experience chest pain, breathing difficulties reach out to your doctor immediately.
Q: Is Ventorlin Syrup good for cough?
A: Ventorlin Syrup contains salbutamol which is a bronchodilator it dilates the airways and makes breathing easier. It may not be useful in reducing cough. Consult your doctor before using this medicine and do not self medicate.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed