Arilex 50mg Capsule
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Arilex 50 MG Description
Arilex Capsule is a slow-acting medicine used for treating symptoms of osteoarthritis affecting the hip or knee. It contains diacerein as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicine kn
own as anthraquinones. Arilex Capsule should not be used by children below 18 years of age. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. It is advised to take Arilex Capsule at the same time every day to gain optimum benefits.
|You Save||₹22.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, stomach ache, discoloration of urine|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Diacerein(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Arilex 50 MG
Arilex Capsule is used to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis of the hip or knee.
Contraindications of Arilex 50 MG
- If you are allergic to diacerein or any other ingredient of Arilex Capsule.
- If you have liver problems or undiagnosed stomach disorders.
- If you are suffering from diseases of the intestine such as blockage in the intestine or ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease.
- If you are giving it to a child.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Arilex 50 MG
- Stomach ache
- Discolouration of urine
Precautions and Warnings of Arilex 50 MG
Can I take Arilex 50mg Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the effect of Arilex Capsule during pregnancy. Hence it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or plan a pregnancy.
Can I take Arilex 50mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available about the effect of Arilex Capsule on breastfeeding. Hence it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine during breastfeeding unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Arilex 50mg Capsule?
There is limited information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving ability of an individual. So it is advised not to drive until you know how the medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Arilex 50mg Capsule?
Drinking alcohol along with Arilex Capsule can increase the risk of liver damage. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often. It may be best to hold off on drinking alcohol until you have finished treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or have a history of liver disease.
- You experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You are above 65 years of age, as old age can make you more prone to develop diarrhoea during the treatment. So it may require dose adjustment.
- You are already taking any other medicines such as laxatives, diuretics etc.
- You experience any symptoms associated with the liver. As it may cause an increase in liver enzymes and hepatitis. The doctor might ask you for liver tests.
- You have an intolerance to any sugar.
- You are pregnant or a breastfeeding woman.
- You should avoid alcohol intake during the treatment as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
Mode of Action of Arilex 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Diacerin has anti-inflammatory properties and works by blocking chemicals causing inflammation and slowing down the breakdown of cartilage. Thus, relieves pain and swelling and improves joint function in osteoarthritis patients....
Directions for Use of Arilex 50 MG
- It should be taken with or after meals, as per the doctor's prescription.
- Prefer to take the medicine at the same time every day for maximum results.
Interactions of Arilex 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Arilex Capsule works or Arilex itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking any heart-related medicines like digoxin or diuretics (or water pills). Simultaneous use of these medicines along with Arilex, can increase the risk of heart rhythm disorder....
- Avoid taking Arilex along with antacids, as it may affect the activity of Arilex. Keep a gap of at least 2 hours between these two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Arilex 50 MG
- Store it at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Arilex 50 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include diarrhoea. It is advised to have plenty of fluids and contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Also, carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose when you remember but if it is time for the next dose then skip the missed dose. Do not overdose to compensate for the missed dose.
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Arilex Capsule with omeprazole?
A: No, avoid taking Arilex along with antacids, as it may affect the activity of Arilex. Keep a gap of at least 2 hours between these two medicines.
Q: Is Arilex Capsule a steroid?
A: No, It is not a steroid. Arilex Capsule contains diacerein as its active ingredient that belongs to the class of medicine known as anthraquinones.
Q: What is the use of Arilex Capsule?
A: Arilex Capsule is used to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. It decreases pain, improves joint function and reduce cartilage destruction in osteoarthritis patients.
Q: Can I stop taking Arilex Capsule if I feel improvement in symptoms?
A: No. Abruptly discontinuing the treatment with Arilex Capsule may worsen the osteoarthritis condition. You should continue the treatment even if you do not have symptoms and still complete the prescribed duration.
Q: How long can I useArilex Capsule?
A: You need to take Arilex Capsule for as long as a doctor has prescribed it to you. It is usually prescribed for a long duration in order to get maximum benefit.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed