Anti Cold Tablets
By PATSON LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Anti Cold Tablets Description
Anticold Tablet is a combination medicine used for relieving symptoms of common cold such as runny nose, fever and nasal congestion. It contains the combination of three active ingredients- paracetam
ol, cetirizine and phenylephrine. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact prescribed duration. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding without a doctor's advice. Tell your doctor, about all the medicines, herbs, supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|Contains||Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg) + Cetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Common cold||Uses||Allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, sleepiness, nausea, vomiting, headache||Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, irregular heartbeat, rashes|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg) + Cetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Anti Cold Tablets
- Okacet Cold Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 46.75₹ 37.40₹ 3.74/Tablet
- Cheston Cold New Formula Tablet 10'sBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 46.75₹ 37.40₹ 3.74/Tablet
Uses of Anti Cold Tablets
Anticold Tablet is used to relieve nasal congestion, runny nose and fever.
Contraindications of Anti Cold Tablets
- If you are allergic to any of the medicines or to any of the ingredients of Anticold Tablet.
- If you known health conditions such as uncontrollled high blood pressure, any kind of heart disease or liver problem.
- If you have recently taken anti-depressants medicines.
Side effects of Anti Cold Tablets
- Irregular heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Anti Cold Tablets
Can I take Anticold Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is used only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Anticold Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to breastfeed during the treatment. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed Anticold Tablet?
This medicine can make you sleepy. You need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Anticold Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol intake along with the medicine as it can cause excess drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may feel sleepy after taking this medicine. Be cautious while doing activities that require mental alertness such as driving.
- You are suffering from a disease Raynaud's phenomenon.
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You do not feel any improvement in symptoms.
- This medicine is not recommended in children below the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Anti Cold Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Certain chemicals (prostaglandins) released in the body are responsible for fever and pain. Paracetamol blocks the effect of these chemicals and help to relieve fever and mild painful conditions like body ache....
- Cetirizine inhibits the allergic symptoms produced by histamines (a certain chemical substance released by the body).
- Phenylephrine is a decongestant that constricts the blood vessels in the nose and sinuses and thus improves symptoms like stuffy nose and improves breathing.
Directions for Use of Anti Cold Tablets
- This medicine should be taken orally, with or without meals.
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Anti Cold Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Anticold Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders, medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as cholestyramine, muscle relaxants, anticoagulant like warfarin etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics such as chloramphenicol, medicines to stop vomiting, nausea such as metoclopramide etc.
Storage and disposal of Anti Cold Tablets
- Store Anticold Tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Anti Cold Tablets
Symptoms of overdose include irritation, restlessness, pounding of the heart (palpitations), high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, feeling thirsty, fits etc. Consult your doctor in the presence of any such symptoms....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Anticold Tablet make me feel drowsy?
A: Yes this medicine may cause drowsiness in some individuals.
Q: Can I take sedatives or tranquilizers along with this medicine?
A: Sedatives, anti-anxiety pills, muscle relaxants, anesthetic agents must be used with caution or avoided (if possible) while taking Anticold Tablet. Certain anti-depressants like selegiline, rasagiline should not be taken until 14 days before or after stopping Anticold Tablet. It is also advised to avoid alcohol while taking this medicine.
Q: Can Anticold Tablet be taken continuously?
A: If your symptoms don’t improve even after using Anticold Tablet for 7 days, you need to visit your doctor. The long term use of this medicine without any medical advice is not recommended.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed