Amofenac Plus Tablets
Amofenac Plus Tablets Description
Amofenac Plus Tablets is use for the management of pain, swelling and inflammation. It is a combination medicine containing aceclofenac and paracetamol as its active ingredients. Amofenac Plus Table
ts is use for conditions such as various arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, low back pain, dental pain, gynaecological pain and painful & Inflammatory of ear, nose & throat. It inhibits the release of chemical substance responsible for pain and inflammation. Take Amofenac Plus Tablets for prescribed duration and in a dose recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Amofenac Plus Tablets
- Amofenac Plus Tablets is useful in relieving pain and swelling associated with bones and joints in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and low back pain.
- It is also useful in gynaecological pain, toothache, headache, pain and swelling in the ear, nose and throat.
Contraindications of Amofenac Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Amofenac Plus Tablets .
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion after taking painkillers.
- If you have a history of or currently have stomach ulcers or bleeding in any part of the digestive tract.
- If you have a heart failure problem, high blood pressure, liver or kidney-related problem.
- If you are pregnant, this medicine should not be taken, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy. In case the treatment with this medicine is very crucial lowest effective dose should be used.
Side effects of Amofenac Plus Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Amofenac Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a kidney or liver problem or blood clotting disorder.
- You have a bleeding problem in the stomach, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the symptoms of asthma.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can affect the liver.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking Amofenac Plus Tablets .
- You are an elderly patient or taking water pills or have kidney disorders; this medicine can affect the risk of kidney failure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Amofenac Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amofenac Plus Tablets
Interactions of Amofenac Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amofenac Plus Tablets works or Amofenac Plus Tablets itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, steroidal medicines, painkillers, medicines for HIV, blood thinner medicines, antibiotics and medicines for diabetes.
- Other medicines containing paracetamol should not be taken along with Amofenac Plus Tablets .
- Amofenac Plus Tablets should not be used for 8-12 days after after taking a medicine, mifepristone as Amofenac Plus Tablets can reduce the effect of mifepristone.
- This medicine if taken along with steroids, anticoagulants and certain brain related medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Amofenac Plus Tablets
- Store Amofenac Plus Tablets in a cool and dry place and away from light.
- Keep it away from the sight and reach children and pets.