Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amlong 5 MG Description
Amlong-5 tablet contains amlodipine, an anti-hypertensive medicine. It is used to lower blood pressure and also various heart conditions such as irregular heartbeat, chest pain (angina), etc. This me
icine is from the class of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine works by reducing the pressure on the heart by relaxing the blood vessels. Inform your doctor if you recently had a heart attack or heart failure. Take Amlong as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. You should have a low salt diet and should maintain a healthy lifestyle to gain optimal benefit.
Uses of Amlong 5 MG
Contraindications of Amlong 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or any other ingredients of Amlong-5 tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have abnormal narrowing of the aorta heart valve (Aortic stenosis).
- If you are suffering from a condition where your heart is unable to supply blood to your body (Cardiogenic shock).
- If you are suffering from heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Amlong 5 MG
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Edema or fluid retention)
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
Precautions and Warnings of Amlong 5 MG
- There is limited data available about the safety of Amlong-5 tablets during pregnancy.
- Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safer alternative.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the needs and benefits. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while taking this medicine as the doctor may then suggest a safer alternative....
- Amlodipine passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease.
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly.
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure.
- You may suffer from a heart attack or your chest pain could worsen when you start taking this medicine. However, this happens rarely.
Mode of Action of Amlong 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Amlong-5 tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscle and relieves chest pain.
Directions for Use of Amlong 5 MG
Interactions of Amlong 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, medicines used to treat heart problems like Verapamil, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, rifampicin when coadministered with amlodipine affect the way amlodipine is eliminated through the body....
- Concomitant administration of amlodipine and clarithromycin may lead to a drastic drop in blood pressure levels.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Ritonavir when used along with amlodipine, lead to faster elimination of amlodipine from the body lowering its concentration in the blood.
- When amlodipine is coadministered with medicines used to decrease cholesterol levels like Simvastatin, it leads to the increased blood concentration of cholesterol-lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to increase your immune system like Tacrolimus when administered along with amlodipine possess a risk of accumulation in the body.
- Concomitant use of medicine like Ciclosporin suppress your immune system and amlodipine should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems.
- Discuss it with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Amlong 5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from heat and light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Check the expiry date before taking the medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Amlong 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are all the things that I should discuss with the healthcare provider before taking Amlong-5 tablet?
Q: If I consume coffee, does that interact with Amlong-5 tablet?
Q: I have to drive back to my hometown. Can I use Amlong-5 tablet?
Q: I am 8 months pregnant and also have a running nose. Should I consume the medicine?
Q: When should I take Amlong-5 tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Amlong-5 tablet?
Q: Is Amlong tablet a blood thinner?
Q: What is Amlong 5 mg used for?
- Amlodipine Bristol Lab 2.5 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Amlodipine StatPearls - NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Amlodipine (Oral Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]