Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlong-5 Tablet contains Amlodipine, an anti-hypertensive medicine. Amlong-5 Tablet is used to lower the blood pressure and also various heart conditions such as irregular heart rate, chest pain (angina). This medicines are known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine works by reducing the pressure on the heart by relaxing the blood vessels. Inform your doctor if recently has heart attack or heart failure. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. You should have low salt diet. You should maintain a healthy lifestyle to gain optimal benefit.
Uses of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amlong-5 Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a heart condition such as type of chest pain (Angina)
Contraindications of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or any other ingredients of Amlong-5 Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have abnormal narrowing of aorta heart valve (Aortic stenosis).
- If you are suffering from a condition where your heart is unable to supply blood to your body (Cardiogenic Shock).
- If you are suffering from heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
Precautions and Warnings of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Amlong-5 Tablet during pregnancy?
- There limited data available about the safe of use Amlong-5 Tablet during pregnancy
- Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine as the doctor may then suggest a safter alternativeRead less
Can I take Amlong-5 Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Amlodipine passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlong-5 Tablet?
If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment. You should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amlong-5 Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise the blood pressure. Hence, caution is advised. You should avoid drinking of alcohol. Also, alcohol may make you feel more dizzy and increase side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease.
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly.
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure.
- You may suffer from heart attack, or your chest pain could worsen, when you start taking this medicine, however, this happens rarely.
Mode of Action of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amlong-5 Tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to heart muscle and relieves chest pain.
Directions for Use of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Amlong-5 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat fungal infection like Ketoconazole, medicine used to treat heart problems like Verapamil any antibiotic like Rifampicin, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin when coadministered with amlodipine affect the way amlodipine is eliminated through the body.Read less
- Concomitant administration of amlodipine and clarithromycin may lead to drastic drop in blood pressure levels.
- Medicine used to treat HIV infection like Ritonavir, when used along with amlodipine, leads to faster elimination of amlodipine from the body lowering its concentration in the blood.
- When amlodipine is coadministered with medicines used to decrease cholesterol level like Simvastatin, it leads to increased blood concentration of cholesterol lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to increase your immune system like Tacrolimus when administered along with amlodipine possess a risk of accumulation in the body.
- Concomitant use of medicine like Ciclosporin suppress your immune system and amlodipine should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
You should not take grapefruit juice and grapefruit when consuming Amlong-5 Tablet as these can cause decrease in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from, heat and light
- Keep away from children and pets
- Check the expiry date before taking the medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date
Dosage of Amlong 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Excess of Amlong-5 Tablet can cause lowering of blood pressure, fainting, slow, fast or irregular heartbeat, dizziness. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of Amlong-5 Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are all the things that I should discuss with the healthcare provider before taking Amlong-5 Tablet?
A: It is advisable to inform the doctor if you have any past history of heart or liver disease or if you are a known case of heart failure. It is important to mention it to your doctor if you are pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Tell your doctor the medicines you are already taking before starting Amlong-5 Tablet.
Q: If I consume coffee, does that interact with Amlong-5 Tablet?
A: It is observed that people who do not regularly consume coffee may feel blood pressure change effects, but people who regularly consume coffee may not have a significant effect on blood pressure.
Q: I have to drive back to my hometown. Can I use Amlong-5 Tablet?
A: If you experience dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision after taking this Amlong-5 Tablet. It is advised to avoid drinking, since it affects the alterness.
Q: I am 8 months pregnant and also have a running nose. Should I consume the medicine?
A: Do not consume the medicine as it can cause foetal harm. It is not advisable to have the course of medicine during pregnancy.
Q: When should I take Amlong-5 Tablet?
A: Take Amlong-5 Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at day time and also at fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved