Amitryn C Plus Tablet
Amitryn C Plus Tablet Description
Amitryn C Plus tablet is used to treat moderate cases of depression and anxiety. Amitryn C Plus tablet combines two medications, namely, Amitriptyline and Chlordiazepoxide. Amitriptyline belongs to a
group of medicines called tricyclic antidepressants, and Chlordiazepoxide belongs to a category called benzodiazepines. A patient suffering from depression experiences anxiety, restlessness, and loss of interest in daily activities. The individual ingredients of the Amitryn C Plus tablet reduce the symptoms of depression by their individual actions on the body. Amitriptyline works by increasing the levels of certain natural substances that help improve the mood. Chlordiazepoxide works by producing a soothing effect on the brain cells and nerves, thus reducing anxiety. Amitryn C Plus tablet is to be swallowed as a whole. It is not to be crushed or chewed. Amitryn C Plus tablet can be taken with or without food, preferably at a fixed time. The Amitryn C Plus tablet dosage should be followed exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Some of the side effects of the Amitryn C Plus tablet include confusion, weight gain, blurred vision, increased heart rate, fatigue, memory loss, etc.
|You Save||₹8.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amitriptyline(25.0 Mg) + Chlordiazepoxide(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression associated with anxiety|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Increased heart rate, Vomiting|
Uses of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
- Amitryn C Plus tablet is used for depression associated with anxiety.
Contraindications of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to Amitriptyline, chlordiazepoxide, or any other ingredient of the medication
- If you are on a medication belonging to a group of Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors (a group of medications used to treat depression)
- If you have suffered from a severe heart condition like a heart attack or any heart disease recently
- If you are suffering from Angle-closure Glaucoma (an eye condition)
Side effects of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
- Side effects of Amitryn C Plus include:
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Increased heart rate
- Uncontrollable body movements
- Dryness of mouth
- Lowering of blood pressure upon standing
- Difficulty in urination
Precautions and Warnings of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are already taking some other medication for depression.
- You have a history of heart attack or any other heart disease.
- You are taking any herbal products.
Mode of Action of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
- Take an Amitryn C Plus tablet with or without food.
- Swallow Amitryn C Plus tablets as a whole without crushing or chewing them.
- Follow the dosage and duration precisely as prescribed by the doctor.
- Inform your doctor about all the other medications you are taking before starting the dose of the Amitryn C Plus tablet.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly without consulting your doctor. It is recommended to take this medicine at a fixed time daily.
Interactions of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Linezolid is used to treat bacterial infections. When combined with Amitryn C plus tablet, it can cause serotonin syndrome, which is characterised by increased heart rate, excessive sweating, etc.
- Ondansetron is a medication used to reduce nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy or radiation therapy. When combined with Amitryn C Plus, it can cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome.
- Phenylephrine is a medication used to elevate blood pressure, dilate the pupils, etc. When combined with the Amitryn C Plus tablet, it can cause severe symptoms like chest pain, headache, irregular heartbeats, tremors, etc. ...
- Cisapride is a medication used to treat heartburn in a stomach condition called Gastroesophageal Reflux disease. When combined with Amitryn C plus tablet, it can cause irregular heart rhythm and can be life-threatening. ...
- Opioids are medications used for anaesthesia or pain relief. The combination of opioids and Amitryn C Plus Tablet can cause severe symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, coma, or even death.
Interactions with food items
- It does not interact with any food.
Storage and disposal of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
Dosage of Amitryn C Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology