Ambrodil Lx Drops
Ambrodil Lx Drops Description
Ambrodil-LX drop is a combination of Ambroxol, Guaifenesin and Levosalbutamol. It helps in relieving symptoms such as spasm, blockage, swelling and contraction in airways and lungs during asthmatic a
ttacks and chronic bronchitis. This medicine is designed for children use only and needs to be given as directed by the doctor. You should not stop giving this medicine on your own, even if you feel better after taking it for a few days. Common side effects of this medicine are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain. Mostly the side effects may occur for a short duration and recover soon.
|You Save||₹9.67 (17% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ambroxol(15.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg) + Salbutamol / Albuterol(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Chronic bronchitis, asthma|
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, itching & rashes|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Ambrodil Lx Drops
Contraindications of Ambrodil Lx Drops
- As Ambrodil-LX drop contains Ambroxol, Guaiphenesin and Levosalbutamol, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these ingredients when taken alone, should be considered contraindicated for this combination....
- If your child is allergic to this medicine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If your child is suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If your child is suffering from bronchospasm and swelling in the throat (Phyranx).
- If your child is suffering from allergic reactions like rashes and the urge to scratch.
Side effects of Ambrodil Lx Drops
- Stomach pain
- Itching & Rashes
- Infection of airway & lungs
- Fast heart rate
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ambrodil Lx Drops
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney problems
- You have stomach ulcers
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a history of asthma or fits
- You have an overactive thyroid gland
- You develop a low level of potassium in your blood
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions
Mode of Action of Ambrodil Lx Drops
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ambrodil Lx Drops
- Take Ambrodil-LX drop as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use, do not take it directly from the bottle
- Use a measuring cup, dropper or spoon for exact quantities
- Read the instructions on the bottle before using it
Interactions of Ambrodil Lx Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these three components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Medicine used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol can worsen the condition.
- The water pill should not be taken along with this medicine. Potassium levels should be monitored.
- Medicine to treat heart failure like Digoxin should be used cautiously.
- Medicines to treat psychiatric disorders like Clomipramine can worsen heart-related problems.
- Other bronchodilators (like Salmeterol, Formoterol, Albuterol, etc.) and medicines that suppress cough like Dextromethorphan, Hydrocodone, Codeine, Noscapine, etc.) should be used with caution along with Ambrodil-LX drop....
Storage and disposal of Ambrodil Lx Drops
- Store Ambrodil-LX drop below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date shows the last day of that month.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the content colour is different or particles are present.
- Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Ambrodil Lx Drops
- Overdose of Ambrodil-LX drop can lead to serious heart and kidney-related problems. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, increased heart rate or fits, stomach pain and drowsiness.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give my child Ambrodil-LX drop for a dry cough?
Q: Can Ambrodil-LX drop be used as a painkiller also?
Q: Is Ambrodil-LX drop addictive?
Q: Can I stop taking Ambrodil-LX drop on my own?
Q: Is Ambrodil LX for kids?
Q: What is Ambrodil LX used for?
- Ambroxol [Internet] Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Xopenex HFA [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Guaifenesin- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- DUCOF-LS Syrup PI [Internet]. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]