Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alerfix Total Tablet contains a combination of Montelukast, Levocetirizine and Ambroxol. It is used to cure symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes, productive cough and to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma. Alerfix Total Tablet works by blocking the chemical substance leukotrienes and histamine responsible to cause symptoms and it also loosens the mucous. Thus, making breathing easy. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Take it as the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition and are on any medication. You may feel sleepy, dizzy, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain after consuming Alerfix Total Tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
Uses of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
Alerfix Total Tablet is used to treat allergic rhinitis, asthma and productive cough.
Contraindications of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Montelukast, Levocetirizine, Ambroxol or any other component of Alerfix Total Tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
Side effects of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Headache, sleepiness, fever, tiredness
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth, constipation, indigestion
- Increased liver enzymes
- Rash, itching, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Alerfix Total Tablet during pregnancy?
Alerfix Total Tablet should not be consumed during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Alerfix Total Tablet while breastfeeding?
Alerfix Total Tablet passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a lactating mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alerfix Total Tablet?
Alerfix Total Tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness, headache, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Alerfix Total Tablet?
No, you should not consume alcohol with Alerfix Total Tablet. It might reduce the effectiveness and increases the drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had any kidney disease or disorder.
- You are giving it to the elderly patient with age more than 65 years.
- You experience any psychiatric events after taking Alerfix Total Tablet.
- You experience any unusual symptoms.
- You plan to undergo allergy skin tests.
- Alerfix Total Tablet should not be replaced with other medicine suddenly.
- Alerfix Total Tablet should not be used for acute asthma attacks.
- Alerfix Total Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast helps control the symptoms by blocking the actions of substances in the body called leukotrienes, which cause narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of allergic rhinitis and asthma.Read less
- Levocetirizine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and improves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation.Read less
- Ambroxol clears the chest by thinning and loosening the mucous (phlegm) in the airway tract. Therefore, it improves breathing and reduces cough.
Directions for Use of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Alerfix Total Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat fits and tuberculosis such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampin decrease the effect of Alerfix Total Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicine used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels such as gemfibrozil may increase the effect of Alerfix Total Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicine used to treat a viral infection like ritonavir increases the effect of Alerfix Total Tablet when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alerfix Total Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Excess of Alerfix Total Tablet may cause stomach pain, sleepiness, thirst, headache, vomiting, and drowsiness.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Alerfix Total Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Alerfix Total Tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Alerfix Total Tablet until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a serious breathing problem, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: Can I take an additional dose of Alerfix Total Tablet during a sudden asthma attack?
A: No, Alerfix Total Tablet should not be used for sudden (acute) asthma attacks as it takes time to act and it does not relieve your obstructive symptoms immediately. You must use an asthma inhaler for any such emergencies. Reach out to your doctor immediately.
Q: Is Alerfix Total Tablet safe to use in elderly people?
A: No, it should not be given without consulting your doctor. Elderly people are more prone to suffer from a certain medical condition. Alerfix Total Tablet needs to be administered cautiously in them. Hence, consulting your doctor is necessary before you start this medicine.
Q: Can Alerfix Total Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Medicine along with desired effects possess side effects as well but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of Alerfix Total Tablet. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor who might suggest another anti-allergic medicine which does not cause sleepiness.
Q: Can I take Alerfix Total Tablet for a dry cough?
A: Alerfix Total Tablet contains ambroxol which is mucolytic, it thins and loosens the mucous. It is more effective for wet cough. Take it, if it is prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 11:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved