Albumed 20% Injection 50ml
Albumed 20 % Description
Albumed Injection is used to restore and maintain the circulating blood volume, where a volume deficiency has been evident. It contains human albumin as its active ingredient. Albumin acts by repleni
shing the depleted fluid or blood volume in the body due to various conditions or incidences. This injection will be administered to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital setup. Do not self-inject. You should follow the aftercare procedure as advised by your doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting the medicine.
Uses of Albumed 20 %
Contraindications of Albumed 20 %
Side effects of Albumed 20 %
Precautions and Warnings of Albumed 20 %
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of brain injury, the injection must be used with caution.
- You develop allergic reactions like rashes, itching, hives, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, high blood pressure, etc then the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
- You may develop a risk of transmission of infection, which is reduced by a screening of plasma donors for viruses.
- It must be used with caution in the situation when there is too much fluid in the blood. Such situations are heart failure, high blood pressure, heart problem, swelling in the lungs, anaemia, kidney dysfunction with urine output....
- If there are signs of increased blood volume like headache, breathing disorder, increased blood or swelling in the lungs, then the treatment must be stopped.
Mode of Action of Albumed 20 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Albumed 20 %
- The injection is given to you in the hospital by the doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject the medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Albumed 20 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Albumed Injection works or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Albumed Injection must not be mixed with medicinal products, blood and blood components and with solutions containing alcohol.
Storage and disposal of Albumed 20 %
- Albumed Injection must be kept below 25°C.
- Store it in the original container to protect it from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Albumed 20 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Albumed Injection on my own?
Q: Do I need to take precautions during treatment with Albumed Injection?
- Yes, inform the doctor if you experience an allergic reaction.
- If you suffer from anaemia or heart problem.
Q: For how long will the Albumed Injection be given to me?
- Albunorm20%, 200g/l, solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- KEDBUMIN- albumin (human) injection, solution, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Albunorm20%, 200g/l, solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]