Acrocitron Syrup 100ml
Acrocitron 1.4 G Description
Acrocitron Syrup is used to treat gout, kidney stones, urinary tract infections and other kidney conditions caused due to increased uric acid levels in the body. It contains disodium hydrogen citrate
as the active ingredient. It acts as a urine alkalinzer. This syrup acts by increasing the pH of the urine, that is making it alkaline. Thus, enhancing the solubility of uric acid and further getting removed from the body via urine. Acrocitron Syrup should be used carefully in patients having kidney diseases or heart or lung diseases or high sodium or potassium levels. Have plenty of water while using this medicine. You should take this syrup with or after meals to avoid stomach upset.
|You Save||₹8.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Disodium Hydrogen Citrate(1.4 G)|
|Uses||Urinary tract infection, kidney stones, gout|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RENAL CALCULI|
Uses of Acrocitron 1.4 G
- Acrocitron Syrup is used in the treatment of gout (increased levels of uric acid) and kidney stones.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and metabolic disorders caused by kidney diseases.
Contraindications of Acrocitron 1.4 G
- If you are allergic to citric acid or any other ingredients of Acrocitron Syrup.
- If you have kidney diseases.
- If you have high sodium or potassium levels.
- If you have high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats or heart failure.
- If you have low calcium levels.
- If you have lung diseases.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder).
Side effects of Acrocitron 1.4 G
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acrocitron 1.4 G
Other General Warnings
- You are diabetic.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease).
- Do not alter the dose of Acrocitron Syrup by yourself.
- Take this medicine after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach-related side effects.
Mode of Action of Acrocitron 1.4 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acrocitron 1.4 G
- Acrocitron Syrup should be taken as per your doctor's advise.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Mix a prescribed dose of this medicine in a glass of water and drink slowly.
Interactions of Acrocitron 1.4 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Acrocitron Syrup may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
- This medicine may interact with Aspirin, talk to your doctor before starting with Acrocitron Syrup syrup.
- Other medicines that can interact with this medicine are Lithium, Quinidine and Salicylate.
Storage and disposal of Acrocitron 1.4 G
- Acrocitron Syrup should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet. Discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Acrocitron 1.4 G
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)