Acnicot Gel Description
Acnicot Gel is a topical preparation used for the management of acne, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads. It contains a combination of clindamycin and nicotinamide as the main ingredients. Clindamyci
n present in Acnicot Gel is an antibiotic and nicotinamide or niacin is a form of vitamin B3. It also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne. Try not to touch your skin excessively and avoid rubbing your acne. Avoid applying the cosmetic product over this Gel.
Uses of Acnicot Gel
Contraindications of Acnicot Gel
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, nicotinamide or any other ingredient of Acnicot Gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Acnicot Gel
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Acnicot Gel
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to any components of this Gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation, and peeling of skin.
- You had or currently have a condition of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose or mucous membrane.
- Do not use this medicine for other purposes without consulting a doctor.
- Do not use Acnicot Gel for a prolonged period of time. This medicine is not meant to be used for children.
Mode of Action of Acnicot Gel
How Does It Work?
- Acnicot Gel works by the combined action of its two constituents. Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is a natural anti-inflammatory agent; it reduces the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates oil production in the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimple, acne and other skin problems....
Directions for Use of Acnicot Gel
- Use Acnicot Gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Clean your skin with a mild water-based cleanser before applying this Gel.
- Apply gently on the affected area by placing a small amount on your fingertips.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
Interactions of Acnicot Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Acnicot Gel is meant for topical application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking blood thinners such as warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with these medicines. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Storage and disposal of Acnicot Gel
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Acnicot Gel
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Acnicot Gel good for pimples?
Q: Is Acnicot Gel good for everyday use?
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Freederm Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Cleocin T, Clindagel (clindamycin topical) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- AcneStar Gel You define beauty and grace | AcneStar Gel [Internet]. AcneStar. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]