Aceflam P Tablet
Aceflam P tablet is used to treat pain and inflammation in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and spondylitis. It is also used to provide relief from muscle pain, back pain, toothache or pain in the ear, throat and also abdominal pain. It is a combination medicine containing aceclofenac and paracetamol. This medicine blocks the pain signal in the brain. Side effects of Aceflam P tablet include indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, rash, dizziness and/or drowsiness.
Do not take the Aceflam P tablet for a longer duration or more than that prescribed, as there is a risk of bleeding and ulcers. This medicine can cause stomach irritation, indigestion and a burning sensation in the stomach. Take this medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach. However, most side effects get resolved on their own. If it worsens, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic.
|You Save||₹9.52 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Uses of ACEFLAM P TABLET
Contraindications of ACEFLAM P TABLET
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol or any other ingredients of Aceflam P tablet.
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion after taking aspirin, ibuprofen.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- If you have severe heart problems like heart failure, high blood pressure.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorders.
- If you are pregnant, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of ACEFLAM P TABLET
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of ACEFLAM P TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have SLE.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood clotting.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Directions for Use of ACEFLAM P TABLET
Storage and disposal of ACEFLAM P TABLET
- Store Aceflam P tablets in a cool and dry place and away from light.
- Keep it out of reach from the children and pets.
Quick Tips of ACEFLAM P TABLET
- Aceflam P tablet is used to treat musculoskeletal pain such as arthritis, spondylitis and lower back pain by reducing pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor about all your medications and medical history.
- Nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion, stomach pain and dizziness can be seen as side effects of this medicine, if side effects bother you please inform your doctor.
- Dizziness can occur in some patients after taking this medicine, avoid driving or handling any heavy machinery unless you feel alert.
- Take Aceflam P tablet with food to avoid stomach upset or nausea.
Dosage of ACEFLAM P TABLET
- Symptoms of overdose may include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits, difficulty in breathing & weight loss.
- If you think you have taken too much of Aceflam P tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of ACEFLAM P TABLET
How Does It Work?
Interactions of ACEFLAM P TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines containing paracetamol, as there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines used to treat high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with its effect.
- Medicines like diuretics can lead to kidney damage when taken along with this medicine.
- Some medicines can affect the way Aceflam P tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Increase the risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids....
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking medicines to thin the blood like warfarin, and coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin (quinolone).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking tab Aceflam P when my pain is relieved?
Q: Is Aceflam P a painkiller?
Q: Can Aceflam P tablet be used for a headache?
Q: What is the use of Aceflam P tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Aceflam P?
- VOLTANEC PR Tablets (Aceclofenac + Paracetamol) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- CDSCO. Paracetamol/Aceclofenac [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 April 2022]