Tolperisone is used to relieve muscle spasms and related pain. It is a skeletal
muscle relaxant that acts centrally on the spinal cord. It works by improving the blood flow towards skeletal muscles and reducing pain. Tolperisone is available in the form of a tablet. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Tolperisone
Contraindications of Tolperisone
When should one not use Tolperisone
- If you are allergic to tolperisone or similar medicines
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are suffering from an autoimmune disease characterized by muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
Side effects of Tolperisone
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Tolperisone
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney
- You are on or taking any other medicines
- Tolperisone is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Tolperisone
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Tolperisone
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way tolperisone works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking other muscle relaxants, painkillers...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Tolperisone available as tablet
Q: What is Tolperisone used for?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 December 2021]
- Tolpermyo film-coated tablets [Internet] 2021 [cited 13 December 2021]
- TOLPERISONE-CONTAINING ORAL FORMULATIONS - - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 December 2021]
- Assessment report for tolperisone-containing medicinal products (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 December 2021]
- National insitute of pharmacy and nutrition. Merisone [Internet] 2021 [cited 13 December 2021]
- Tolmus [Internet]. Beximcopharma.com. 2021 [cited 13 December 2021]