Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Aceclofenac+paracetamol is a combination medicine. It is a pain-relieving medic
ine used for relieving pain, swelling and inflammation in adults. Aceclofenac and paracetamol both work by interfering with the action of certain chemicals responsible for pain, swelling and inflammation. Aceclofenac+paracetamol is available in form of tablets, capsules, syrup and suspension.
Uses of Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Contraindications of Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
When should one not use Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Side effects of Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Other General Warnings
- You have a kidney or liver problem or blood clotting disorder.
- You have a bleeding problem in the stomach, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the symptoms of asthma.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can affect the liver.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking this combination.
- You are an elderly patient or taking water pills or have kidney disorders; this medicine can affect the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Aceclofenac+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way aceclofenac+paracetamol works or this combination itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for a heart condition, steroids, blood pressure-lowering medicines, certain antibiotics, immunomodulators, blood thinners, antidiabetics, mifepristone and medicines that contain lithium. ...
- Avoid concomitant use of other pain-relieving medicines while taking this combination.