Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
By AAGAM LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet is a combination of Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, an antihypertensive medicine.
Uses of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
- Treatment of high blood pressure
Contraindications of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
- As this medicine contains Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Chlorthalidone or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like Sulfasalazine and other drugs from this class
- Should not be taken by pregnant & breastfeeding women
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to bile duct (canal connecting liver to intestine) like cholestasis
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria)
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and decrease in potassium levels
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren
Side effects of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
Can I take Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Components of this medicine is known to cause fetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy
- If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed
Can I take Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet?
It is advised not to drive after taking this medicine. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it contains unwanted calories and that can lead to unwanted weight gain, that's a risk factor for high blood pressure and it can also increase the unwanted side effects of this medicine and cause low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience fainting, giddiness especially after the first dose
- If you are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed
- If you are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive
- If your kidneys are not functioning properly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels)
- If you have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- If you have serious heart and heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis and ischaemic cardiopathy
- If you are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands)
- If you have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed
- If you have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Mode of Action of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure
Directions for Use of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own
- This medicine tends to catch moisture. Thus, it should be taken out from blister just before use
Interactions of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationread less
- Medicine used for heart failure like Digoxin should be used cautiously
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking Spironolactone, Eplerenone, Triamterene or Amiloride, potassium supplements or potassium-containing salt substitutes
- Medicines used to treat mental illness like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking water tablets, Losartan, Aliskiren and immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus and Trimethoprim and Heparin
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin)
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works
- Medicines used to relax muscle like Tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements
- Other medicines which may not be able to work properly like Quinidine, Digoxin, Sotalol and Norepinephrine
Storage and disposal of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C and try to keep it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: What is Chlorthalidone? Is it same as Chlorothiazide?
A: Chlorthalidone is a diuretic (water pill - increases the production of urine) like Hydrochlorothiazide but it is not a thiazide diuretic. Chlorthalidone is more potent and longer-acting compared to Chlorothiazide. Chlorthalidone is commonly used for the treatment of high blood pressure and edema (fluid overload) associated with heart, kidney or liver diseases or due to other medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet?
A: Serum electrolytes should be regularly monitored while on treatment with Zytel Ch 80mg Tablet because it may alter blood potassium, sodium and chloride levels. Renal function also need to be monitored closely as this medicine can compromise the functioning of kidneys in some patients. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved