Zyaqua Eye Drops 10ml
Zyaqua 0.5 % Description
Zyaqua Eye Drop is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main component. It acts
as a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Zyaqua Eye Drop, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Zyaqua 0.5 %
Contraindications of Zyaqua 0.5 %
Side effects of Zyaqua 0.5 %
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Zyaqua 0.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Zyaqua Eye Drop, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You use contact lenses regularly.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eyes.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow Zyaqua Eye Drop, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Zyaqua 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Zyaqua Eye Drop due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....
Directions for Use of Zyaqua 0.5 %
- Use Zyaqua Eye Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- You should remove your contact lens before using Zyaqua Eye Drop.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using it if has changed its colour or has become cloudy.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after its application.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Zyaqua 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Zyaqua 0.5 %
- Store Zyaqua Eye Drop at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use these eye drops once its expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Zyaqua 0.5 %
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Zyaqua Eye Drop instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Zyaqua Eye Drop?
Q: Can I use Zyaqua Eye Drop frequently?
Q: Can Zyaqua Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can Zyaqua Eye Drop be used for the ears?
Q: How to open Zyaqua Eye Drop?
Q: Can you use Zyaqua Eye Drop at night?
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]