Zosert 50mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zosert Tablet belongs to the class of medicines known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This medicine treats anxiety disorders, depressions, and obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCDs). The endogenous serotonin in your body is responsible for balancing your mood, feelings of wellbeing, and happiness. When your serotonin levels in the body reduce, you may develop anxiety or depression. Zosert Tablet contains sertraline that inhibits the reuptake of serotonin in the presynaptic cleft, raising the level of serotonin in the synaptic cleft, thereby reducing anxiety and depressive symptoms. The effects of sertraline typically take a minimum of seven days. Side effects of Zosert include sexual difficulties and feeling sick that usually subside on their own. However, if these symptoms tend to worsen or persist for a longer time, consult your doctor....
|You Save||₹19.62 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Post-traumatic stress disorder, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Panic disorder, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder, Anxiety, Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)|
|Side effects||Erectile Dysfunction, Indigestion, Loss Of Appetite, Depression, Low Sexual Desire, Nausea, Sweating, Tremor, Weakness, Yawning, Abnormal Dreams, Delayed Ejaculation, Dryness In Mouth, Insomnia, Nervousness, Rashes, Itching, Shortness In-Breath, Swelling Of The Face Eyes Or Lips, Feeling Choked, Chest Pain, Forceful Heartbeat, Any Vision Problem, Change In The Voice, Vomiting, Panic Attacks, Mania, Pain In The Joints Or Muscles, Problems In Menstruation, Blood In Stools, Blood In Vomit, Blood In The Urine.|
Check more medicines with composition as Sertraline(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Zosert 50 MG
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
Contraindications of Zosert 50 MG
- If you are diabetic
- If you are allergic to sertraline
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (a condition where the pressure in your eye increases)
- If you suffer from any liver disease
- If you suffer from any kidney disease
- If you have seizure disorders
- If you’re trying to get pregnant or you already are pregnant
- If you are less than 18 or more than 65 years
- If you have a heart condition
- If you have hyponatremia (low sodium levels)
- If you have any blood disorders
Side effects of Zosert 50 MG
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of appetite
- Low sexual desire
- Sore throat
- Abnormal dreams
- Delayed ejaculation
- Dryness in mouth
- Sinus infection
- Several side effects can occur with Zosert Tablets. Most of the side effects usually disappear on their own. If they persist for a longer time, consult your physician.
Precautions and Warnings of Zosert 50 MG
Can I take the Zosert Tablet during pregnancy?
Zosert Tablet is usually not to be taken during pregnancy as it can cause premature birth. However, consult your doctor if you need to take this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take a Zosert Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to take Zosert Tablets during breastfeeding as there is no sufficient data about its effects.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zosert Tablet?
Zosert tablets can affect your ability to stay awake and focused. Hence do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this medicine. Consult your doctor if you need to drive while taking Zosert Tablets.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zosert Tablet?
It isn’t safe to consume alcohol with Zosert Tablets as it causes some adverse effects like increased heartbeat, fainting, and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a serious liver disorder.
- You have a severe kidney illness.
- You have heart problems.
- You feel anxious and agitated.
Mode of Action of Zosert 50 MG
How Does It Work?
The endogenous serotonin in your body is responsible for balancing your mood, feelings of wellbeing, and happiness. When serotonin levels reduce, you may experience anxiety or depression. Zosert Tablet contains sertraline that inhibits the reuptake of serotonin in the presynaptic cleft, raising the level of serotonin in the synaptic cleft, thereby reducing anxiety and depressive symptoms....
Directions for Use of Zosert 50 MG
- Take the Zosert Tablet orally with food or as directed by your physician.
- This medicine should be taken with a glass of water and swallowed whole without being crushed or chewed.
- Take it at the same time daily to ensure you don’t miss your dose.
Interactions of Zosert 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like warfarin, clopidogrel
- Antipsychotics like perphenazine, thioridazine, clozapine, lithium, risperidone
- Antidepressants like moclobemide, clomipramine, methylene blue, desipramine, nortriptyline
- NSAIDs like ibuprofen, acetylsalicylic acid, celecoxib, diclofenac, meloxicam, etodolac, tramadol, pethidine
- Anti-cancer like tamoxifen
- Anti-migraine like sumatriptan
- Dietary supplements like tryptophan
- Opioid analgesics like fentanyl
- Anti-HIV like ritonavir, fosamprenavir
- Anticonvulsant like phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine
- Anti-arrhythmic like propafenone, flecainide
- Anti-hypertensive like metoprolol
- Anti-TB like rifampicin
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zosert 50 MG
Store the tablets safely away from children and pets. Keep it in well-ventilated rooms away from heat and moisture.
Dosage of Zosert 50 MG
You may experience Central Nervous System (CNS) excitability, neurological and cardiovascular symptoms in case of an overdose. You may also experience drowsiness, confusion, problems with coordination, and loss of consciousness....
Missed a Dose
If you miss your regular dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for your missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: After taking the Zosert Tablet, I feel that my symptoms have worsened. Can I stop taking it on my own, or should I consult a doctor?
A: Zosert Tablets should not be stopped abruptly without consulting your doctor. A common problem with Zosert Tablets is that you may notice your symptoms getting worse. But the benefits begin to show after 1-2 weeks.
Q: What are the withdrawal symptoms of the Zosert Tablet?
A: As withdrawal symptoms of Zosert tablet, you may experience dizziness, agitation, anxiety, shaking, trembling, headaches, nausea, difficulty sleeping, and tingling or numbness of your hands and feet. These symptoms disappear within 1-2 weeks of stopping the medicine.
Q: Does Zosert Tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Sleepiness is commonly caused by Zosert. If you feel dizzy, sleepy or tired after taking Zosert, do not drive or operate heavy machinery until after 2-3 months. This occurs within the first few days and weeks of starting Zosert, but it will usually disappear after 2-3 months.
- EMC. 2021. Sertraline 50mg film-coated Tablets [online] Available at:
- nhs.uk. 2021. sertraline- antidepressant. [online] Available at: <https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/paroxetine/> [Accessed 21 December 2021
- Accessdata.FDA.Gov. 2021. Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) Tablets and Oral Concentrate [online] Available at:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.