Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15's
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoryl M2 Forte tablet is an oral antidiabetic combination medicine that contains glimepiride and metformin as its active components. It is used to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus and prevent related future complications. The most commonly seen side effect of this medicine is low blood sugar levels which are characterised by sweating, tremors, confusion, blurred vision, tiredness and slow heartbeats. You can prevent it if you have regular balanced meals and the tablet as per the doctor's recommendation. It is recommended that you should keep a regular check on your blood sugar levels. You may also experience a headache, change in taste, nausea, diarrhoea and stomach pain. This tablet is not recommended to be used by women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Uses of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
This medicine is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone are not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately.
Contraindications of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, the recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
- Metabolic disorders: weight gain, low blood sugar level which can cause headache, sweating, nausea, wet skin, mood disorders and restlessness.
- Stomach disorders: vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of taste sensation, metallic taste and stomach discomfort (pressure and fullness).
- Heart disorders: High blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, chest pain (arrhythmias).
- Skin disorders: Allergic skin reactions like rashes, itching, red bumps on the skin and sometimes hair loss, in case of progressive skin allergy, inform the doctor immediately, it might lead to shock.
- Eye disorders: Temporary visual disturbances.
- Blood disorders: Changes in the blood cell count, anaemia.
- Others: Difficulty in breathing, decrease in vitamin B12 levels alter brain function and light sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
Can I take the Zoryl M2 Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to use this medicine during pregnancy as this medicine may harm your developing foetus.
- If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor may shift you from this medicine to insulin injections.
- Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or you are pregnant.
Can I take the Zoryl M2 Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is not advisable to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it may harm the baby.
- Consult your doctor for more information on the use of this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zoryl M2 Forte Tablet?
- It can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zoryl M2 Forte Tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works.
- Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose.read less
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves an injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
How Does It Work?
- This combination is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone. Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas.read less
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
- It should be consumed as a whole without chewing or crushing with a sufficient amount of water with food.
- Do not take this medicine if it is not stored properly, unused for long period or has expired.
Interactions of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, Fenyramidol, medicines to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to treat mood (Fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin, etc.read less
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pills, Phenytoid, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders.read less
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar.read less
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pill, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
- Store it at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- If the medicine has passed its expiry date, please dispose of the medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Zoryl M2 Forte Tab 15'S
- An overdose of this medicine may lead to severe hypoglycaemia and lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up) & (low blood sugar).
- This can result in a headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, mood disorders, confusion, dizziness, etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fats with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking a double dose.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycaemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose.read less
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: I experience abdominal pain with loss of appetite since a few days ago, is it a side effect of this medicine?
A: This medicine may have undesirable effects on your liver, especially when you are taking it for a long period of time. Thus abdominal pain and loss of appetite may indicate the possibility of jaundice. It is recommended that if you experience these symptoms persistently kindly visit your doctor and get expert advice about the causative factor of the same.
Q: When should I take Zoryl M12 Forte tablet?
A: Take this tablet in the correct doses and for the exact duration as recommended by your doctor. This medicine is usually taken with food to avoid episodes of low blood sugar.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Apr 2021 | 01:56 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved