Zolfrac 100ml Injection
Zolfrac 5 MG Description
Zolfrac Infusion is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and to prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood which is too high due
to the presence of cancer. It contains zoledronic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to the bisphosphonates class of medicines. The dose, duration, and frequency of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Zolfrac Infusion will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
|You Save||₹572.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoporosis, high blood calcium level|
|Side effects||Low level of calcium in blood, kidney problems|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
- Zolephos IvBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd100ml Infusion in VialMRP 3993.00₹ 3274.26₹ 32.74/Ml
Uses of Zolfrac 5 MG
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Prevent bone complications such as fractures in an adult patient with bone cancer
- Helps to reduce the amount of calcium in adult patients that occurs as a result of cancer.
Contraindications of Zolfrac 5 MG
- If you are allergic to zoledronic acid, any other biphosphates or any of the ingredients of Zolfrac Infusion.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zolfrac 5 MG
- kidney problem
- Low level of calcium in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Zolfrac 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have less amount of calcium in the blood. As it may lead to dry skin, burning sensation, muscle twitch, seizures, spasms, irregular heartbeat, etc. In such conditions, the doctor might give you adequate calcium and vitamin D supplements before starting the treatment with this injection....
- You have or had kidney problems.
- You have a history or currently have pain, swelling or numbness, or heaviness of the jaw. The doctor might recommend a dental examination before starting the treatment.
- You are having any kind of dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery.
- You experience unusual signs in the mouth or teeth such as pain swelling, loose teeth etc. Because it can be a sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw (a condition of bone disease that occurs when there is a loss of blood to the bone). ...
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or taking any steroids, have gum disease, or smoke, then there are more chances of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- It is recommended to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment with Zolfrac Infusion.
Mode of Action of Zolfrac 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zolfrac 5 MG
- Zolfrac Infusion will be given in the hospital or clinic by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine and follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Zolfrac 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Zolfrac Infusion or Zolfrac Infusion itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Concomitant use of Zolfrac Infusion and medicines used to treat severe infections, calcitonin (to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and hypercalcaemia), diuretics, or any other calcium lowering medicines. As it can lead to a drastic drop in blood calcium levels....
- Avoid simultaneous use of Zolfrac Infusion and thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood and bone cancer), or any other medicine to treat cancer, as it may lead to osteonecrosis (a condition of bone death caused by poor blood supply)....
- Avoid taking any other medicine that is already containing zoledronic acid, to avoid toxicity or any unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Zolfrac 5 MG
- Zolfrac Infusion should be stored in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C but no longer than 24 hours.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zolfrac 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zolfrac Infusion used for?
Q: What is Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
Q: Does Zolfrac Infusion cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
Q: Is Zolfrac Infusion a habit forming medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B2 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]