Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
By FDC LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zifi CV 200 tablet is a higher antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It inhibits the formation of cell walls and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. It contains a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients that belongs to the cephalosporin and beta-lactamase inhibitor class of medicines respectively. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may lead to treatment failure. The common side effects of this medicine are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Zifi CV 200 tablet is used to treat severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of the Zifi CV 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the Cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- An upset stomach
- Skin rashes, itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Blood disorders
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Can I take the Zifi CV 200 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of the Zifi CV 200 tablet during human pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine only if it is needed and considered safe. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Zifi CV 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of Zifi CV 200 tablet on a breastfeeding mother. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother, he may give you this medicine only if it is needed. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zifi CV 200 tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken the Zifi CV 200 tablet as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zifi CV 200 tablet?
It is advisable to avoid consumption of alcohol during the treatment with the Zifi CV 200 tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition.
Mode of Action of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Zifi CV 200 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Zifi CV 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Zifi CV 200 tablet can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives pills, caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
- If you are undergoing a Coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
Storage and disposal of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Zifi CV 200 tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of Zifi CV 200 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you have missed any dose of Zifi CV 200 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Zifi CV 200 tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take the Zifi CV 200 tablet?
A: No, the Zifi CV 200 is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: What is the use of the Zifi CV 200 tablet?
A: Zifi CV 200 tablet is used to treat severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It is an antibiotic that fights mainly against bacteria.
Q: Is Zifi CV 200 used for urine infection?
A: Yes, Zifi CV 200 tablet can be used to treat urine infection, if the infection is caused by an organism that is sensitive to Cefixime. Thus, based on the causative organism, your infection can be treated. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine based on his diagnosis.
- OMNIX CV Tablets [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Syrup, Suspension - Leading Contract Manufacturers of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Products from India [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021].
- Lactmed - Cefixime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 14 Jul 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved