Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet Description
Zifi CV 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin caused by various organisms. It works by inhibitin
the formation of cell walls and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Zifi CV 200 contains a combination of cefixime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Take Zifi CV with meals to avoid stomach upset. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may lead to treatment failure. The common side effects of this medicine are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Contraindications of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefixime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of the Zifi CV 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins or cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition.
Mode of Action of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Zifi CV 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Zifi CV 200 tablet can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives pills, caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
- If you are undergoing a Coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
Storage and disposal of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Zifi CV 200 tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zifi Cv 200mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you have missed any dose of the Zifi CV 200 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Zifi CV 200 tablet?
Q: What is ZIFI CV used for?
Q: Is Zifi CV 200 used for urine infection?
Q: Can I take the Zifi CV for cold and fever?
Q: What is the composition of Zifi CV?
Q: Does Zifi CV 200 treat infection of gum?
Q: Can I stop taking Zifi CV 200 tablet if I feel better?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Zifi CV 200 tablet?
Q: What is the difference between ZIFI and ZIFI CV?
Q: How long does ZIFI CV take to work?
Q: Can I take Zifi Cv for covid-19?
- OMNIX CV Tablets [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Syrup, Suspension - Leading Contract Manufacturers of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid Products from India [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Cefixime [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]