Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ceftas Cv Tablet contains a combination of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic that belongs to the Cephalosporin and beta-lactamase inhibitor class of medicine. Ceftas Cv Tablet is a higher antibiotic used for the treatment of severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may lead to treatment failure. The common side effects of this medicine are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹75.14 (26% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefixime(200.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
Ceftas Cv Tablet is used to treat severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Ceftas Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the Cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
Side effects of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
- Frequent or loose stools
- Stomach pain
- An upset stomach
- Skin rashes, itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Blood disorders
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
Can I take Ceftas Cv Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Ceftas Cv Tablet during human pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine only if it is needed and considered safe for you. Consult your doctor before taking any medicines during pregnancy.
Can I take Ceftas Cv Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on a breastfeeding mother. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother, he may give you this medicine only if it is needed. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ceftas Cv Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Ceftas Cv Tablet as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Ceftas Cv Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Ceftas Cv Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of an allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins.
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis).
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You have a blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea.
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition.
Mode of Action of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefixime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
Ceftas Cv Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Ceftas Cv Tablet contains Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid; any interactions seen with these two components individually may occur with this combination too.
- Ceftas Cv Tablet can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required.
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action.
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), a false 'positive reaction' may occur.
Storage and disposal of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Ceftas Cv Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packing in order to protect it from moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ceftas Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of Ceftas Cv Tablet, brain damage (encephalopathy) may occur.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Ceftas Cv Tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of this medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Ceftas Cv Tablet?
A: No, Ceftas Cv Tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: What is the use of Ceftas Cv Tablet?
A: Ceftas Cv Tablet is used to treat severe infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, tonsil and skin. It is an antibiotic that fights mainly against the bacteria.
Q: Is Ceftas Cv Tablet used for urine infection?
A: Yes, Ceftas Cv Tablet can be used to treat urine infection, if the infection is caused by an organism that is sensitive to Cefixime. Thus, on the basis of causative organisms, your infection can be treated. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine based on his diagnosis.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.