Zevid Oz Tablets
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zevid Oz Tablets Description
Zevid Oz Tab contains a combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic.
|You Save||₹11.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ofloxacin + Ornidazole|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Uses of Zevid Oz Tablets
- To treat diarrhoea of mixed infection found only in adults
Contraindications of Zevid Oz Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency
Side effects of Zevid Oz Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Zevid Oz Tablets
Can I take Zevid Oz Tab during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Zevid Oz Tab if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Zevid Oz Tab while breastfeeding?
It can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zevid Oz Tab?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness, rigidity or impairment of skills. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Zevid Oz Tab?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately
- If you are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea
- If you have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- If you experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits
- If you feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes
- If you have kidney problem or heart problem
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Zevid Oz Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zevid Oz Tablets
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zevid Oz Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, Glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Interactions with food items
- Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Zevid Oz Tablets
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Zevid Oz Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flushes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids
Q: For how many days do I need to take this medicine?
- Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Expires on or After
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
Presenting our Lucky Hours Winners For November 23-25, 2023
At PharmEasy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As your healthcare and wellness partner, your health and well-being matter the most to us. To help you take it easy with your healthcare needs and enjoy guaranteed savings – the idea of ‘Lucky Hour’ was born. During our ‘Lucky Hours,’ the lucky
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.