Zentel Suspension 10ml
Zentel 400 MG Description
Zentel suspension is an anti-worm medicine. It is used to treat infections caused by worms. It contains Albendazole as its active ingredient. It kills the worm by depriving them of glucose and energy
source. Zentel suspension should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Zentel suspension
Uses of Zentel 400 MG
Contraindications of Zentel 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Albendazole or any other components of Zentel suspension.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Zentel 400 MG
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Zentel 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting treatment with Zentel.
- You have liver disease.
- You are suffering from fits or seizures.
- You experience bone marrow suppression or a decrease in blood cell count.
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment.
- You may experience damage to the retina.
- Zentel suspension should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Zentel 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zentel 400 MG
- Take the Zentel suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Zentel 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Zentel suspension works or Zentel suspension itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine....
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizures (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel).
- Medicines used to suppress the immune response (Dexamethasone).
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir).
Interactions with food items
- Zentel suspension should be taken with food.
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole.
Storage and disposal of Zentel 400 MG
- Zentel suspension should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Please keep it away from children.
Dosage of Zentel 400 MG
- An Overdose of Zentel can cause diarrhoea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat.
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Zentel, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Zentel suspension?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy.
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test.
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication.