Zentel Suspension 10ml
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zentel suspension contains Albendazole as its active ingredient. It is an anti-worm medicine. It is used to treat infections caused by worms. It kills the worm by depriving them of glucose and energy
Uses of Zentel Suspension 10ml
Zentel suspension is used to treat infections of the stomach and intestine caused by various types of worms.
Contraindications of Zentel Suspension 10ml
- If you are allergic to Albendazole or any other components of the Zentel suspension.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Zentel Suspension 10ml
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Zentel Suspension 10ml
Can I take the Zentel suspension during pregnancy?
Zentel suspension must not be used during pregnancy. It has the potential to harm the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Zentel suspension while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of the Zentel suspension on breastfeeding. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zentel suspension?
You may feel dizzy after taking the Zentel suspension. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zentel suspension?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this medication.
- You have liver disease.
- You are suffering from fits or seizures.
- You experience bone marrow suppression or a decrease in blood cell count.
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment.
- You may experience damage to the retina.
- Zentel suspension should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Zentel Suspension 10ml
How Does It Work?
Albendazole in the Zentel suspension works by inhibiting or blocking the utilisation of glucose by the worm thereby causing decreased ATP formation and depletion of the energy source in the worm.
Directions for Use of Zentel Suspension 10ml
- Take the Zentel suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
Interactions of Zentel Suspension 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Zentel suspension works or the Zentel suspension itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity(antacids) like Cimetidine....Read more
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizures (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel).
- Medicines used to suppress the immune response (Dexamethasone).
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir).
Interactions with food items
- Zentel suspension should be taken with food.
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole.
Storage and disposal of Zentel Suspension 10ml
- Zentel suspension should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Please keep it away from children.
Dosage of Zentel Suspension 10ml
- An Overdose of Zentel suspension can cause diarrhoea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat.
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking the Zentel suspension?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy.
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test.
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication.
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid. Can I start him on the Zentel suspension?
A: Albendazole should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Q: Is the Zentel suspension used to deworm?
A: Yes, the Zentel suspension is used to deworm, remove worms from the body. It will kill all the worms present in the stomach and intestine, provided you take it as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
Q: Why the Zentel suspension should not be taken during pregnancy?
A: Zentel suspension should not be taken during pregnancy because it can cause harm to the unborn child. The risk associated with the use of medicine during pregnancy weighs more than the benefits.
Q: What is the composition of Zentel syrup?
A: It contains Albendazole as an active ingredient.
Q: For how long do I need to take Zentel syrup?
A: Take it for as long as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop the treatment in between even if you feel better. You should not take it longer than prescribed.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Oct 2021 | 01:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved