Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
By ZODAK PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets is a combination of Artemether and Lumefantrine, an anti-malarial medicine.
|You Save||₹28.08 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Lumefantrine(480.0 Mg),Artemether(80.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Lumefantrine(480.0 Mg) + Artemether(80.0 Mg)
Uses of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
- This medicine is used for the treatment of malaria cases not responding to other anti-malarial medicines
Contraindications of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Artemether and Lumefantrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a serious malarial infection with impaired body functions like difficulty in breathing, fits, kidney brain and liver-related problems
- If you have a family history of heart disease
- If you are taking medicines such as Flecainide, Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, Terfenadine, Astemizole or Cisapride
- If you have heart disease like irregular heart rhythm or heart failure
- If you have an imbalance of electrolytes in your body due to fluid loss
Side effects of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Low appetite, vomiting, stomach pain, nausea and diarrhoea
- Headache, dizziness and sleeplessness
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Unusual muscle movements, joint pain and fatigue
- Pounding and irregular heartbeat
- Skin disorders like rashes or itching
- Difficulty in walking properly and lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine has known to cause or suspected to cause harmful effects on the developing fetus, thus not recommended for use in pregnant women. However, doctors may give this medicine to a pregnant women under critical situations where alternate antimalarial medicine is not able to treat the condition.
Can I take Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed your baby during the treatment with this medicine. You have to wait for at least for 1 week post-treatment to start breastfeeding again.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets?
This medicine makes you feel sleepy, dizzy and weak. Thus it is advised not to drive when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets?
Any specific information on the use of alcohol along with this medicine is not available. However, consuming alcohol may aggravate some of the side effects of this medicine like stomach problems and mental disturbances. Thus, it is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a family history of irregular heartbeat or sudden death due to heart problems
- If you have heart disorders like irregular heartbeat, slow heart rate, etc.
- If you are taking any other medicine to treat malaria like Quinine or Mefloquine, special medical observation is required
- Your existing disease condition gets worsened after taking this medicine, immediate attention of a doctor is required
- If you are an HIV positive patient and taking medicines to treat HIV
- If you are using pills as contraceptive measures, you need to use alternative method of contraception like condoms at least for a month
- If you have serious kidney and liver function problems
Mode of Action of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine kills a malarial parasite called plasmodium.
Directions for Use of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor preferably with food, beverage containing milk or with water
- In case you vomit within 1 hour of taking this medicine, take another dose
Interactions of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Never take medicines like Clarithromycin, Ciprofloxacin, Fluconazole, Terfenadine, Flecainide, Cisapride with Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets as it can lead to serious heart problems
- Medicines like Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, anti-malarial medicines like Mefloquine, Quinine should not be taken with this medicine
- If you have taken Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets, Rifampin, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin should not be taken for at least for one month
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir, Nevirapine or Efavirenz
- You should not take this medicine if you have taken Halofantrine - an anti-malarial medicine, within a month
- This medicine interferes with the way oral contraceptive medication work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms during the treatment and at least one month post-treatment...
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice should be avoided during the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Zemal Forte Strip Of 6 Tablets
There are no reported symptoms observed with the overdose of this medicine. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry the pack of the medicine to make overdose assessment easier for doctor/hospital staff....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medicine be taken as precautionary to prevent malaria?
A: No, this medicine is used to treat malaria under the circumstances where other antimalarial medications are not working. It is not to be used for prevention.
Q: I am feeling better after 2 doses of this medicine, can I stop taking it?
- No, it is important to complete the course as prescribed by your doctor. You may feel better after the first dose but to kill the malarial parasite entirely from your body, you must complete the course or you may have a recurrence of malaria....
Expires on or After