Zapiz 2mg Tablets
Zapiz 2 MG Description
Zapiz Tablet is used for treating epilepsy (fits). It is also used to treat panic disorder. Epilepsy is a medical condition caused due to overactivity of the brain cells. It reduces abnormal and exce
ssive nerve cell activity, which helps relax the brain. It is composed of clonazepam. It reduces the excessive neurological activity in the brain by increasing certain chemical messengers. Zapiz Tablet should be used only on advice by a doctor. Tell your doctor about the history of past illness and your medications. This medicine may cause dependency if used for the long term. Also, you should not stop consuming this medicine suddenly as it can lead to withdrawal symptoms. .
|You Save||₹17.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||epilepsy, panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Muscle weakness, Fatigue, Memory problems, Blurred vision, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation|
Uses of Zapiz 2 MG
- As per CDSCO, this medicine is used in the
- Treatment of seizure
- Treatment of panic disorder
Contraindications of Zapiz 2 MG
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of Zapiz.
- If you have myasthenia gravis(a condition that causes muscle weakness).
- If you have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- If you have any history of drug or alcohol abuse.
- If you have a severe liver condition.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye.
- If you have any respiratory diseases.
Side effects of Zapiz 2 MG
- Muscle weakness
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
Precautions and Warnings of Zapiz 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- If you experience severe changes in mood or behaviour
- If you notice tightness in the chest or throat.
- If you have trouble breathing or talking,
- If you experience any other severe side effects.
- If you have any previous mild liver or kidney disease, this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- If you are using any herbal medicines or other supplements, they can interfere with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Zapiz 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zapiz 2 MG
- Take the Zapiz precisely as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal effects.
Interactions of Zapiz 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Many medicines can interact with Zapiz, making it less effective or increasing side effects. It includes Opiates or narcotic painkillers like codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, ACE inhibitors such as enalapril and lisinopril, calcium channel blockers amlodipine and felodipine etc. It can cause serious adverse effects....
- If you are using antibiotics, antifungals, allergy medicines, inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted.
- If you use other sedatives or antidepressant medicines, their reactions can also cause unwanted effects.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the usual diet as food doesn't influence the effect of Zapiz. However, Avoiding caffeine-containing foods while using Zapiz as coffee stimulates the brain, whereas Zapiz relaxes it....
Storage and disposal of Zapiz 2 MG
Dosage of Zapiz 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I discontinue Zapiz Tab if I feel improvement in my symptoms?
Q: What is the recommended duration of taking Zapiz Tablet?
Q: Is Zapiz Tablet a habit-forming medication?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 28 January 2022]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: medicine to control seizures or fits, muscle spasms and restless legs syndrome [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 28 January 2022]. Available from
- Drugs H. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 28 January 2022]. Available from: