Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection Description
Xone XP injection is an antibiotic medicine containing a combination of ceftriaxone and tazobactam as an active ingredient. This injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections. It acts by inh
ibiting the formation of the cell wall and kill various susceptible bacterial organisms. Xone XP injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history before starting this medicine.
Uses of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
Contraindications of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
- If you are allergic to ceftriaxone, tazobactam and any of the ingredients of Xone XP injection.
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems.
- If the patient is a premature baby.
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment.
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in the blood.
Side effects of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
- Itching and pain at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
- Components of Xone XP injection pass into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit.
- If prescribed, monitor your child closely for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of the mouth.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy after taking the antibiotic.
- You have developed diarrhoea after taking Xone XP injection, immediately inform your doctor.
- You have recently received or are going to receive any product containing calcium.
- You have serious liver and kidney disease.
- You are on a (low sodium) diet.
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease.
- You have anaemia.
- You are suffering from any bowel inflammation disease (colitis).
Mode of Action of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
How Does It Work?
- Ceftriaxone acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy ceftriaxone.
- Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps ceftriaxone to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
- Xone XP injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Xone XP injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Xone XP injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution.
- This injection alters the action of oral contraceptives. Thus it is advisable to use alternative contraceptive measures like condoms when you are taking this medicine.
- Xone XP injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given.
Storage and disposal of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
- Store Xone XP injection below 25°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Xone Xp 1.125gm Vial Of 1 Injection
- Your doctor or nurse will give Xone XP injection, therefore chances of an overdose are rare.
- However, if you experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach upset immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when Xone XP injection should be given to you.
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed.
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this Xone XP injection?
Q: Can the use of Xone XP injection cause diarrhoea?
Q: Can the Xone XP injection use to treat urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: What is the composition of Xone?
Q: What is the dose of Xone Xp injection?
Q: How do I use XP injection Xone?
Q: What Xone XP is used for?
- Ceftriaxone 1 g powder for solution for injection or infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Ceftriaxone 1 g powder for solution for injection or infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 March 2022]
- CEFBACT T Injection (Ceftriaxone + Tazobactam) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Torocef XP Injection [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 21 March 2022]