Xelflo 10mg Tablet
Xelflo 10 MG Description
Xelflo Tablet improves the symptoms related to enlargement of the prostate gland in males. It is also used in case of retention of urine by relaxing the muscles of the bladder. Xelflo contains alfuzo
sin as it's active ingredient. Do not take this medicine if you are having a history of allergy to alfuzosin or any other ingredients of this medicine, liver, kidney problems and with blood pressure lowering medicines. Do not stand up or sit up quickly from a lying or sitting position if you are on this medicine as it may cause dizziness and fainting. Tell your doctor if you are having heart, kidney or liver problems or you are undergoing any surgery specially related to eyes.
Uses of Xelflo 10 MG
Contraindications of Xelflo 10 MG
- If you have a history of allergy (rashes, breathing problem, swelling of lips and tongue) to any of the content of this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin tamsulosin, or phenoxybenzamine.
- If you feel dizzy, light-headed or faint when you stand or sit up quickly from sitting or lying position, because of drop in blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension).
- If you have liver problems
Side effects of Xelflo 10 MG
- Painful erection
- Irregular heart beats
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Xelflo 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart problems (like pumping problems or abnormal heart beats or rhythm).
- Your doctor may ask you to regular monitor your blood pressure during this treatment.
- You have any kidney problems (as it may aggravate the side effects of this medicine)
- You are taking other medicine to decreases the blood pressure as it may produce postural hypotension.
- You are over the age of 65 (as the chances of postural hypotension and related side effects increases).
- You have a history of painful erections of the penis, unrelated to sexual activity.
- You experience during the treatment visit your doctor as early as possible as it may damage the penile tissue and produce permanent loss of potency.
- You are undergoing any surgery specially related to eye. You have chest pain or history of it.
- This medicine should not be used in paediatric population.
Mode of Action of Xelflo 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a non-cancerous condition where the prostate gland enlarges. So it presses the urethra (urine tube) and produces disturbances in the urine out flow. Thus the patient presents with symptoms like difficulty in urination, incomplete evacuation of urine, dribbling, frequent urge to go to urination and weak urine stream. In some patients, prostate gland becomes so big that it completely stops the urine outflow, this condition is called Acute urine retention. ...
- Xelflo Tablet relaxes the muscles of the bladder and thus improves the urine outflow, so the symptoms related to benign prostatic hyperplasia and acute urine retention improves.
Directions for Use of Xelflo 10 MG
- Xelflo Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xelflo 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xelflo Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines like doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin with this medicine can result in increased side effects.
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure should not be used together as you may get symptoms like dizziness, weakness, sweating.
- Any medicine for heart problems like for chest pain (angina)
- Medicines for fungal infections like itraconazole, ketoconazole should not be used together with this medicine as they increases the side effects of Xelflo Tablet
- Concomitant use of medicines to treat HIV infections like ritonavir increases the side effects of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of medicines to treat bacterial infections like clarithromycin, telithromycin increases the side effects of Xelflo Tablet.
- Medicines to treat brain diseases like nefazodone when used together with this medicine can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Xelflo 10 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.