Vitcofol Hb Strip Of 10 Capsules
Vitcofol Hb Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Vitcofol-Hb capsule contains vitamin B9 (Folic acid) and iron, which are two crucial components required by the body for optimal health and its functioning. It improves the iron stores and also maint
ins iron and folic acid levels in the body. It is known as iron replacement product, which helps to improve the immunity, oxygen supply to muscles, energy levels, overall health and well-being of an individual. Vitcofol-Hb capsule is used mainly for iron deficiency anaemia, folic acid or folate deficiency. The primary causes of deficiencies are illness, pregnancy, poor nutrition, digestive disorders and many other conditions. Deficiency of iron and folic acid results in anaemia, characterized by fatigue, pale body, tiredness, breathing difficulty, etc. You can take this medicine with or without food, but avoid taking it with caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee. Take the medicine as advised by the doctor. Do not miss a dose of the medicine.
Ingredients and Benefits
- Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a vital role in DNA and amino acid synthesis. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy can lead to birth defects....
- Iron: It is a vital mineral that the body requires. It is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. It is also part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It plays a significant role in immunity, the formation of certain hormones and regulating body temperature....
Uses of Vitcofol Hb Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Vitcofol-Hb capsule is used for the treatment and prevention of iron and folic acid deficiency i.e. anaemia, characterised by weakness, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, headache, irritability and difficulty in concentration....
- It is also used as a supplement to prevent nutritional deficiency during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Vitcofol Hb Strip Of 10 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have an existing medical condition or a family history of medical conditions.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take Vitcofol-Hb capsule if you are allergic to any of its components.
- You have any planned surgery or operation.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Vitcofol Hb Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take Vitcofol-Hb capsule as advised by your doctor.
- Preferably take it one hour before a meal. Avoid taking tea or coffee along with the supplement.
- You should not consume dietary supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Vitcofol Hb Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Vitcofol-Hb capsules in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food is rich in folic acid and iron?
Q: Are there any side effects associated with Vitcofol-Hb capsule?
Q: Does capsule Vitcofol Hb interact with other medicines?
- Medicines that are used to treat indigestion like antacids, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours....
- Consult the doctor if you are taking medicines like phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy), methotrexate (used to treat cancer) and sulfasalazine (used to treat ulcers).
Q: What happens in deficiency of folic acid?
Q: Can I take cap Vitcofol Hb during pregnancy?
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Folate [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Folic Acid Helps Prevent Neural Tube Defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Iron [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]