Veldil 80mg Cap
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veldil 80mg Cap contains valsartan as its active ingredient. Veldil 80mg Cap is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers blood pressure by inhibiting the action of certain natural su
bstances that tighten the blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly through blood vessels and the heart to pump more efficiently. It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart related problem following a heart attack. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Veldil 80mg Cap
- Veldil 80mg Cap is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart problems following a heart attack.
Contraindications of Veldil 80mg Cap
- If you are allergic to Valsartan or any other ingredients of Veldil 80mg Cap .
- If you are on any medicine containing Aliskiren.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from jaundice or you have diabetes.
Side effects of Veldil 80mg Cap
- Stomach pain
- Body pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Veldil 80mg Cap
Can I take Veldil 80mg Cap during pregnancy?
Veldil 80mg Cap should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects on the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Veldil 80mg Cap while breastfeeding?
Veldil 80mg Cap is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Veldil 80mg Cap ?
Veldil 80mg Cap may make you dizzy, thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Veldil 80mg Cap ?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Veldil 80mg Cap .
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from heart disease.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have dehydration, diarrhoea or are vomiting.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You are on a low salt diet.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels or on medicines that increase the amount of potassium in your blood (like heparin, amiloride, etc).
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- You are less than 18 years old and are on Valsartan in combination with other medicines.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Veldil 80mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Valsartan in Veldil 80mg Cap works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily. As a result of whic
h the blood pressure is lowered....
Directions for Use of Veldil 80mg Cap
Veldil 80mg Cap should be taken as directed by your physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best i
f you took it regularly at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Veldil 80mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Veldil 80mg Cap may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you havea planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Veldil 80mg Cap when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Veldil 80mg Cap .
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with Veldil 80mg Cap .
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with Veldil 80mg Cap .
Storage and disposal of Veldil 80mg Cap
- Veldil 80mg Cap should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Veldil 80mg Cap
Overdose of Veldil 80mg Cap may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or
feel you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Veldil 80mg Cap , take it as soon as you remember, if it is almost time for your next dose then skip the missed dose. Please do not take a double dose to compensate for the misse
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Veldil 80mg Cap ?
A: Veldil 80mg Cap is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent or reduce certain other heart problems like a heart attack or stroke.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet that has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight.
- Avoid smoking or drinking.
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits.
Q: How to take Veldil 80mg Cap ?
A: Veldil 80mg Cap should be taken as directed by your physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Veldil 80mg Cap if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Veldil 80mg Cap suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 24 Jun 2021 | 11:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved