Ursocol 300mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ursocol 300 Tablet is used to dissolve gall stones in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis, sclerosing cholangitis and liver dysfunction. It contains Ursodeoxycholic acid as its active ingredient Gall stones are hardened deposits of digestive juices formed in the gall bladder (a small organ found under the liver). It mainly occurs due to increased cholesterol content in the bile juice. This tablet acts as a dissolving agent, which reduces the cholesterol content in the bile. The common side effects associated with this medicine are diarrhoea and paste-like stools. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
- To dissolve gallbladder stones that are made of cholesterol in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis and sclerosing cholangitis.
- Liver dysfunction is associated with cystic fibrosis (a hereditary disease that affects the lungs and digestive system).
Contraindications of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Ursodeoxycholic acid or any ingredient of Ursocol 300 Tablet.
- If you have a stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding.
- If you have a liver-related disorder and non-functional gall bladder.
- If you have recently had a surgery involving any part of your intestine.
- If you are suffering from inflammation/blockage of the gall bladder or biliary tract.
- If you are suffering from a liver or intestinal condition which affects the circulation of bile substances like blockage of the bile duct.
Side effects of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
- Sticky stool
Precautions and Warnings of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
Can I take Ursocol 300 Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Ursocol 300 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ursocol 300 Tablet?
It is not expected that this medicine will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ursocol 300 Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience persistent diarrhoea and the doctor should discontinue the therapy immediately.
- You have a history of liver disease or obstruction in bile passage, your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly.
- It would be best if you avoid a high cholesterol diet during the treatment as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- Your doctor may ask you for an ultrasound after six months of the treatment to check the therapeutic improvement.
- Women of childbearing age should use non-hormonal contraceptive measures (physical barrier) or low oestrogen oral contraceptive pills. Combination oral contraceptive pills should not be taken with Ursocol 300 Tablet.read less
Mode of Action of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Ursocol 300 Tablet improve liver function. It works as a dissolving agent and thus reduces the cholesterol content in bile and controls the blood's amount of cholesterol. It is also known to control the synthesis of cholesterol and absorption from the intestine.
Directions for Use of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.read less
Interactions of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol and some antacids may reduce this medicine's efficacy. So, it should be taken between the gap of 2 hours at least.read less
- Contraceptive pills should not be used if you are being prescribed with Ursocol 300 Tablet
- Other medicines that may affect this medicine's absorption are charcoal, and antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, cholesterol-lowering medicines like Atorvastatin, and Dapsone used as an anti-infective. Hence, it should not be used concomitantly.read less
Storage and disposal of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
Store these tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Ursocol 300mg Tablet
The most common symptom of an overdose of this tablet is diarrhoea. Consult your doctor immediately if you have taken an excessive dose of Ursocol 300 Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment with Ursocol 300 Tablet?
A: Sometimes you may suffer from persistent diarrhoea or blood in the stool. It would be best if you inform your doctor immediately. Your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly during the treatment.
Q: Does high blood cholesterol level cause gallbladder stones?
A: High blood cholesterol levels can cause supersaturation of cholesterol crystals, which may eventually lead to gallstone formation.
Q: Can Ursocol 300 Tablet reduce raised liver enzymes?
A: No, Ursocol 300 Tablet does not have an action against reducing increased liver enzymes.
Q: Is Ursocol 300 Tablet used for reducing high bilirubin?
A: No, Ursocol 300 Tablet is not used to reduce the levels of bilirubin. This medicine should only be used for the condition it is prescribed for.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved