Uniclor 500mg Capsule
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
8 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uniclor 500 MG Description
Uniclor Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. Uniclor contains ce
faclor as its active ingredient. It is advised to complete the entire course of Uniclor Capsule, do not stop taking this medicine even if your symptoms disappear.
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefaclor(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Uniclor 500 MG
Uniclor Capsule is used to treat different types of bacterial infections like respiratory, ear, nose, throat, skin, urinary tract.
Contraindications of Uniclor 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefaclor or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to other cephalosporins (similar to this medicine)
Side effects of Uniclor 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Uniclor 500 MG
Can I take Uniclor Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy. Use this medicine during pregnancy only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Uniclor Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk but in small amounts. You should be cautious while using this medicine during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Uniclor Capsule?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving, but you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Uniclor Capsule?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had any previous allergy with Cefaclor
- You are allergic to penicillin (you should be cautious while taking this medicine)
- You have hereditary condition of sugar or glucose intolerance
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You have problems with your kidney
- You have stomach diseases
- You have swelling or inflammation of the large intestine
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Using this medicine for long term may result in superinfection. This medicine must be used with caution in older people
Mode of Action of Uniclor 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefaclor works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Uniclor 500 MG
- Take Uniclor Capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine or for a longer duration.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Uniclor 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Uniclor Capsule works or Uniclor Capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You should inform your doctor if you are taking medicines for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin, Other medicines like probenecid (used to treat gout)
Storage and disposal of Uniclor 500 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Uniclor 500 MG
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, pain or discomfort below the ribs and above the stomach and diarrhoea. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital...
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as, it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one...
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are Uniclor Capsule used for?
A: Uniclor Capsule is used to treat different types of bacterial infections like respiratory, ear, nose, throat, skin, urinary tract. It is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
- Distaclor MR Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Distaclor MR Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed