Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension Description
Ultracid Suspension is used to treat ulcers and prevent the reoccurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. It also provides relief from pain, post-meal acidity and heartburn associated with aci
d reflux and inflammation in the stomach. Ultracid Suspension is an oral suspension that contains two main ingredients, sucralfate and oxetacaine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take Ultracid 1 hour before food.
|You Save||₹36.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(20.0 Mg/10ml) + Sucralfate(1.0 Gm/10ml)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach and intestine ulcers|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, increased thirst, headache|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-FLATULENT|
Uses of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Contraindications of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Side effects of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders or you are undergoing dialysis.
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period.
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity.
- You are diabetic and experience a rise in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Ultracid Suspension is a combination product it works by the combined action of sucralfate and oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol and medicinal substances like aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.
- Oxetacaine inhibits acid production in the stomach by suppressing the action of an enzyme. It also acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers and acid reflux.
Directions for Use of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- Ultracid Suspension should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Take it preferably one hour before having your meals.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Ultracid Suspension may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal preparations or supplements....
- Ultracid can reduce the action of medicines used for treating ulcers such as cimetidine and ranitidine.
- Ultracid Suspension can reduce the action of levothyroxine, a medicine used for thyroid-related disorder.
- The effect of antibiotics known as tetracyclines & minocycline is decreased when used with this suspension.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness.
- Ultracid decreases the effect of phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits).
- Other medicines such as digoxin (used for treating heart failure), ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), ketoconazole (antifungal) and medicine used to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine may interact with Ultracid Suspension....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- Store Ultracid Suspension at room temperature.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ultracid Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Ultracid Suspension to a child?
Q: Can I use Ultracid Suspension for acidity?
Q: Can I use Ultracid for gastritis?
Q: Can I drink water after taking Ultracid?
- Carafate oral suspension [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 26 April 2022]
- Fourrts India | Sucrafil O Gel – The No. 1 Sucralfate – Oxetacaine Brand [Internet]. Fourrts.com. 2022 [cited 26 April 2022]
- Oxethazaine - HMIS Online [Internet]. Hmis.online. 2022 [cited 26 April 2022]
- Oxetacaine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 26 April 2022]